lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2015, 03:54 PM   #11
lady bug
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Rear end help

For some reason I can't get the ring gear pic to post
lady bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2015, 03:56 PM   #12
lady bug
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I'm sorry I meant input
Old 06-14-2015, 03:58 PM   #13
lady bug
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Old 06-14-2015, 05:10 PM   #14
MarineGrunt
Getting Wild

I'm sure you know that to fix it the right way those parts should be replaced. But, personally it wouldn't bother me having to pull it apart again if it ever does fail so I'd go with it. If I was working on it for someone else I'd replace them. I don't see why it wouldn't be fine though. I've done a lot of diff rebuilds on trucks and I've seen it where trucks were driving just fine even though there were not only chips but chunks taken out of the gears. I'd take a file and knock down any sharp edges around the chips though.

It kind of comes down to a judgement call and how much you think your time is worth just in case you have to tear it down again. But hey, it's always easier the second time!
MarineGrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 05:40 PM   #15
lady bug
Gone Wild

Yamaha

It took me life 10 hrs to get rearend out and diasembled. if it could go wrong it did all the bolts were rusted closed everything is nut and bolt lol well i can put it back together after its all cleaned out. but what about gov. on input shaft can it be pressed off and not eva n worry about another piece breaking off.?
Old 06-14-2015, 05:50 PM   #16
lady bug
Gone Wild

Yamaha

also in your opinion do you think this will have a loud howl after back in cart in this condition. when this had happened evrytime the cart was under a load (gas was pressed) it made no noise at all but as soon as you were coasting the rearend sounded like it was coming apart very noisy clicking and poping. but as soon as you hit the gas no noise at all.
Old 06-14-2015, 05:53 PM   #17
lady bug
Gone Wild

Yamaha

but now that they are clean with no debree in them they seem to roll really nice i understand im just doing this by hand. I would assume it would not ride together but it does.
Old 06-14-2015, 10:08 PM   #18
rib33024

Can you post a pic of the whole rear end, are you sure it's a 2 stroke and not a 4 stroke? . Never seen a 2 stroke with the pan on the bottom
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 03:59 AM   #19
lady bug
Gone Wild

Yamaha

It's a 2 stroke oil injected no gear select on the rear end and still has reverse
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO