lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2015, 05:32 PM   #31
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Calling all Regen 1 experts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesam View Post
Oh...I didn't state that thought properly - I know that was a real conversion too. I was just trying to identify the differences. Converting a Regen 2 multi-step to MCOR (I think) uses different parts than converting the pot-boxes on Regen 1. And then of course, adding run/tow.

There is certainly nothing less real on yours & David's conversion of that Regen 2...just some different random bits& pieces from CC involved!
Right you are. Our cart had the wretched Vglide so both the MCOR and mechanical pedal conversion kit were installed so it could send the correct signal to the XCT400IQ control. After which it is an IQ drive system.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-11-2015, 05:44 PM   #32
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

I was just writing this when Scotty (bless his soul) confirmed what you'll see below.

Those Regen 1 replacements are expensive beasties aren't they? And you get nothing better in the bargain. Guess they have a captive market.

If you contact David at Revolution Golf Cars (he's a sponsor) he can tell you EXACTLY the cost of the materials to convert your cart and make it ready for an IQ controller...AND he can supply them.

Depending on year/month of manufacture - about half of the Regen 1's (early models) used a pot box (mounted on the frame under passenger floor) for the accelerator and half used a multi-step potentiometer (small pie shaped box between the batteries under the driver seat). So you'll need to tell David which accelerator type you have, so he can sell you the required parts & advise exact costs.

He knows way-more than me about the parts you need, but at a minimum you'll need:

Wiring Harness, Run/Tow switch, and model-specific parts to change your accelerator to MCOR 4.

Once you have those installed - then you can choose any IQ controller to run your cart. They range from about $350 basic to about $600+ for a programmable type. I am personally "excited about" the XCT Tomcat programmable controller (very new) for when I make the change - which should allow speeds in excess of 20mph with a stock motor like ours. An XCT controller was used (by Scotty B) to boost the performance of a Regen 2 (which has the same motor as we do) - so the "experimental bit" using old/standard Regen motors like ours has already been proven.

In the end - yes - its gonna cost more - but at least you'll get performance in return.

Edit: BTW Scotty, if you think the multi-step is wretched - ask David's opinion of the Pot Box!
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 12:46 PM   #33
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

David and I exchange a lot of information.
And by the way, a pot box is exactly what's inside the MCOR !
Honestly, CC has never had a decent throttle signal sending device like the bomb proof Ezgo ITS.

5 micro switches and a plastic slider?
V glide ?
Modified V glide (multi-step)?
Mcor 1,2,3,4 ????

Help has come in the form of the XCT with it's auto range adaptive throttle function. It will take what ever whacked out signal you send it and establish that as 0-100%. My Precedent has never run so smooth.

PS... we used a D&D 506 motor in out conversion because the customer want more than stock performance.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 09:57 AM   #34
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
auto range adaptive throttle function
Scotty - I had the impression only the "plus" version of the XCT controllers had that learning capability (because of multi-step). Does the XCT400IQ have the accelerator/learning feature also?

If so - and since my pot box has never given me trouble, here's a "too complex for my little brain" question:

My old pot box has the following wires (according to my diagram):
purple & yellow - 0-5K (I think)
white/blk & grn/wht - main solenoid
Blue - power/switch

I doubt the plugs & sockets from my old pot are compatible with MCOR plugs/IQ harness - but If I were to graft the matching colors (except mine would be patching my grn/wht to green according to the IQ diagram) - to an IQ harness & XCT, would it actually work? I know this is a Sergio type question too. But it could save me a couple hundred bucks making the conversion!

However, I see there are "sonic welds" to to other colored wires in the IQ harness for MCOR (tan/lite blue) - so I'm wondering if MCOR controls other functions that my old pot box wouldn't?

Quote:
we used a D&D 506 motor
Rats - I had hoped to gain insight into the un-tapped capability of an original Regen motor.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car