lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-27-2015, 02:31 AM   #11
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Rxv no go

Total BS! I dont even disconnect batts. I turn key off & put in "tow" before unplugging brake. But, it is easy to ruin the brake by overtightening the 3 bolts.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2015, 05:48 AM   #12
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I'm with cg on this one. BS.. Switching to Tow is a good idea but as long as that brake isn't energized other than over tightening the bolts you really can't do it "wrong". You need to find another shop.. So if you did it wrong did them replacing the brake again fix it? If so, they sold you a bad brake to begin with.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 09:01 PM   #13
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Total B.S.

Key off is good enough.
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 02:25 PM   #14
Delmar
Not Yet Wild

OK, they verified that the brake is fine, as we knew. They have changed key switch, solenoid, tested the pedals, and the resistor. Still no go. They are now trying a new controller, waiting to hear back from them this afternoon. The diagnostic computer told them there was a key switch malfunction. This is the only ezgo shop in town that has a scan tool that I know of
Delmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 07:57 PM   #15
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I'm leaning toward a acid damaged wire harness. The keyswitch rarely fails, most of those errors i have seen had nothing to do with a keyswitch, but plenty of bubbles come out of the harness when baking-soda-water was poured on. I hope the repair shop isnt charging you for a lot of time & parts for their "parts swap experient".
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 02:54 AM   #16
Delmar
Not Yet Wild

Cg, I have made it clear to them that the past week and a half of throwing parts at it shouldn't be considered "diagnostic time" if they could not diagnose and treat the problem at hand. I am less than pleased with the cart from day 2 as is. If I can get this rxv running again that I will have approximately 6500$ invested in about 9 months time , I probably should drive the ****** in the river and use it as a fish haven.
Delmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 08:40 AM   #17
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Sorry you are having trouble with your ride.
It seems like the problem is service not the cart itself.

Where are you located? Might be able to find local BGW
Folks to help you out.
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO