lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2015, 08:34 AM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: charging problem

My install was a work in progress when the pictures were taken.
It was ugly, but it worked.

Other than physically attaching the XCT to the heatsink, installing it is more or less Plug-n-Play. The F1 & F2 cables need ring terminals rather than the original push-on terminals, but that's it. All the other plugs simply plug into the jacks on the XCT.

The plugs are difficult to plug in because they are so close together and I did have a problem getting my XCT to power up the first time, but the problem turned out to be one of the plugs (don't remember which one) wasn't fully seated. I recommend plugging in the plugs in before the XCT is bolted down.

You aren't getting the XCT to power up, so the first thing I'd check is the voltage on Pins 4 & 5 of the ten pin connector. (Called C1 on the XCT and J-1 on a PDS controller.) You have to have pack voltage on those two pins and the keyswitch has to be on for a XCT-PDS to power up. (If a Laptop is connected via USB, it stays on all the time)

I didn't have the speed sensor on my aftermarket motor connected when the pictures were take, so there is anything plugged into C4.

Wires on the solenoid are Yellow and blue to the coil and a red one on the battery side large terminal (Voltage source for C1 Pin-5.... Pin 4 voltage comes from reed switch)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XCT - initial install.jpg (174.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg XCT - plugs.jpg (160.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg XCT -PDS.jpg (194.8 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-20-2015, 06:41 AM   #12
Moose308
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok thanks for the info. I'll have to check the c1 connection when I get home. Man its killing me that I don't have this thing running yet. I didn't have anytime to work on it since monday. Hopefully I can get something going real soon. Thanks again for all your help with this.
Moose308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 06:58 PM   #13
Moose308
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok I got to check check the c1 and I'm not sure if I checked the right wires. Mine has 2 red wires that were showing power. They were on the side away from the clip that locks it into place. I also checked all the other plugs and they all seemed to be plugged in all the way. So I'm back at a loss.
Old 08-21-2015, 05:25 AM   #14
Moose308
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Can any of yall suggest a good charger? I'm guessing that I need to replace the qe I have and make sure that my batteries are good and fully charged. Thanks
Old 08-21-2015, 08:10 AM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose308 View Post
Can any of yall suggest a good charger? I'm guessing that I need to replace the qe I have and make sure that my batteries are good and fully charged. Thanks
The DPI Accusense is the best charger around as well as the bang for the buck.
http://www.cartsunlimited.net/48v_Battery_Charger.html
Old 08-21-2015, 08:15 AM   #16
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose308 View Post
Ok I got to check check the c1 and I'm not sure if I checked the right wires. Mine has 2 red wires that were showing power. They were on the side away from the clip that locks it into place. I also checked all the other plugs and they all seemed to be plugged in all the way. So I'm back at a loss.
In the pictures I posted, the top row of pins in the C1 plug are 1 thru 5 L to R.

If you look closely at the second picture, you can read the pin numbers on the plug.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:38 AM   #17
vagabond
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
The DPI Accusense is the best charger around as well as the bang for the buck.
http://www.cartsunlimited.net/48v_Battery_Charger.html
+1
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 07:13 AM   #18
Moose308
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

ok so I do have power to the c1 port but still nothing. I guess I'm gonna have to find someone that really knows what they are looking at to get this thing going. I try and update you guys with what I find out. Thanks again for all the help.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:54 PM   #19
Moose308
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok so I'm back at it again. I have checked all the wiring some many times I'm doing it in my sleep. I used my regular battery charger and got the batteries charged enough that something should happen. I have 35.7 v coming off of them. I'm reading 35v on the b+ to b- sides of the controller and the Stat led is not lighting up. Could I have killed one of the diodes? I have gone as far as taking just about everything off and wiring it all over to get the same results.. A friend of mine is hopefully coming over to help but I would really like to get this one on my own. Thanks again
Old 08-24-2015, 01:00 PM   #20
Moose308
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok this is what I have done. Hopefully one of you guys see something totally wrong. I'm at a loss. LOL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1440439027161.jpg (216.5 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO