lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2015, 02:21 PM   #1
junctioncitysd
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 91 DS gas cranking but not firing

Looking for opinions and direction on my issue.

I have a '91 CCDS gas (flathead engine) that I inherited from my grandfather's estate. I used this cart before I inherited it but last and it's rand great but last fall the following issue began happening, corrected itself for all of this year to this point but now is doing it again. It turns over great but no spark. Fuel is getting to the cylinder.

I've been told it is the ignitor and parts are not easy to come by for this engine.

I don't want to do an engine swap if this can be fixed but I want a good fix which may result in an engine upgrade.

Where do I start looking and how do I do testing on this? I'm pretty mechanical so feel comfortable with tinkering with this to get it fixed.
junctioncitysd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-05-2015, 02:43 AM   #2
helix149
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 91 DS gas cranking but not firing

Where are you located I have a flathead (I think as it came out of a 91) that I threw the oil splash rod on in the spring sitting under a tarp in east tn
I did an engine and clutch swap and have some stuff I pulled off
helix149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 12:05 PM   #3
junctioncitysd
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 91 DS gas cranking but not firing

I'm in Saskatchewan Canada. When you say you did the engine/clutch swap, did you go to the vtwin Briggs? I am considering that.
junctioncitysd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car