lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-01-2015, 10:46 AM   #1
Wheelers
Not Yet Wild

Default G22 running rich?

FINALLY acquired a 2004 G22! Completely stock at this point, governer is intact as stock. Starts and runs fine, but man you just smell like fuel when you get off the thing, even a short ride and I smell like I've been running the weed eater? It responds to the choke when cold, so it SEEMS like it's probably not rich. But I just don't remember ever smelling like exhaust when I've been out playing golf or even testing other carts. It doesn't smoke or anything either. Is it just the exhaust directly under the seat?

I bought it from a dealer and they "went through it". How fast does the oil get dirty? Supposedly the oil was changed, it's not awful, but definitely has a black/gray tinge to it vs. a brown/honey look.

Thanks, I'm sure I'll have more questions as I build this thing...at least things I can't search and find. Thank you in advance!
Wheelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-01-2015, 11:25 AM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: G22 running rich?

Congrat's on your new car I still think the G22 was the best all around car that Yamaha ever built. Make shure your spark pluh is an NGK-BPR2ES. May want to take the carb off, clean it, and "gently pry off" the black plastic limiting cap on the air mixture screw. Turn in till lightly seated. then turn out 1 1/2 turns (stock), but maybe you should turn it 2 turns out for alittle less "rich" burn.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 01:04 PM   #3
Wheelers
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, going to take a look!
Old 11-01-2015, 04:10 PM   #4
Wheelers
Not Yet Wild

Correct plug in place. New air filter as well.

Popped the cap on the air screw, and turned it out 2 full turns.

Modded the governer as well. Should be good until I get some of plowmans goodies.

Still a little exhaust smelling...does anyone route the exhaust to the rear? I'm getting a lift kit and other stuff so I'll have the body off and could certainly fab something up.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:51 PM   #5
Wheelers
Not Yet Wild

So the exhaust seems to be wafting up around us when riding in the cart. Literally a 2 min ride and you smell like exhaust. How important is that gasket under the seat? Or is that just the way they are? I mean I have 2 stroke dirt bikes and am more than fine with just I don't remember any cart I've been on doing this?
Old 11-10-2015, 07:22 PM   #6
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelers View Post
So the exhaust seems to be wafting up around us when riding in the cart. Literally a 2 min ride and you smell like exhaust. How important is that gasket under the seat? Or is that just the way they are? I mean I have 2 stroke dirt bikes and am more than fine with just I don't remember any cart I've been on doing this?

I had a similar problem with my G29. I solved the excess exhaust problem by extending the exhaust outlet from the muffler until it exited the side right in front of the rear tire, like a hot rod leg pipe. I used a 1/2" copper water pipe and a 45 degree angle which I attached to the stock pipe via sheet metal screws.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6803.jpg (232.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 6804.jpg (192.6 KB, 0 views)
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha