lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2015, 09:52 AM   #11
Field6565
Gone Wild

Default Re: G1 questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzrd View Post
I just ordered the crank seals and the clutch puller. Might as well get these done
Don't forget you will also need a puller to yank the flywheel in order to replace the seal on that side. A simple harmonic puller will work, this may have been what you used to pull the secondary? The flywheel can be a pain to get off even with a puller....just keep at it.
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-03-2015, 10:00 AM   #12
blizzrd
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The one I used for the secondary is a little different. I can probably borrow the one I need from autozone. I've got the carb all cleaned up, tune up parts are on the way as well as the seals. Today I'm going to unbolt the shocks and see if I can get the cover off the primary clutch. I'm going to have to do that anyways so I might as well do that now. When I'm done with this thing I will have taken off and cleaned up the secondary clutch and primary clutch, taken off and cleaned the carb, replaced the crank seals, replaced plug, air filter, fuel filter and added new headlights and a trailer hitch. I still want a new muffles as I'm not convinced the bbq worked all that well. Hopefully it'll run the way I expect it to. THEN I can start on little stuff like refinishing the wood, adding tails and signals, tunes and something to damped all the rattling.
blizzrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 11:50 AM   #13
blizzrd
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Ok clutch cover off, you're the man Field. Worked just as you said. What would be sticking? What do I clean and grease?
Old 11-03-2015, 12:04 PM   #14
Field6565
Gone Wild

Pull the spring off and clean the shaft with some steel wool. Put just a light coat of grease on it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2906.jpg (71.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2908.jpg (70.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-03-2015, 02:31 PM   #15
blizzrd
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Can't get to that just yet without the puller. Unfortunately that's not gonna come in for another week so it's just gonna sit as is until then.
Old 11-03-2015, 03:06 PM   #16
Field6565
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzrd View Post
Can't get to that just yet without the puller. Unfortunately that's not gonna come in for another week so it's just gonna sit as is until then.
You don't need a puller unless you are removing the clutch from the crank. The other part of the clutch should come off unless it is stuck on there. What you see in the pic has nothing to do with pulling the clutch.
Old 11-03-2015, 03:08 PM   #17
Field6565
Gone Wild

Did you take the big C clip off? If I remember correctly it's in front of a large washer.
Old 11-03-2015, 03:34 PM   #18
blizzrd
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Yeah I just took that off, I thought the puller was to take this part off. Gotcha. I now have it the way you do up in that pic. Now I have to wait for the puller. The shaft was pretty clean and it wasn't sticking so that's good. Does anything need to be cleaned inside where the rollers are?
Old 11-07-2015, 06:05 PM   #19
blizzrd
Gone Wild

Yamaha

puller came in and the primary clutch is off. I was surprised at how easily it came off. I was ready for a fight after reading lots of threads about how stubborn they can be. I couple squeezes of the trigger from the impact and it popped off. there's definitely lots of oil/crud.
Old 11-08-2015, 05:14 PM   #20
blizzrd
Gone Wild

Yamaha

So I got the clutch side crank seal out. New one should arrive this week. The oil pump housing is very oily and nasty. Im going to clean it all up so what parts do I need to grease or should it be dry?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha