lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2016, 03:27 PM   #11
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Just picked up a free cart!!!

Yea it has an hour meter. I thought it was wrong cause I thought it said like 170 hours? Maybe it was 1700? I will look closer in a bit.

Yea I'm not about to tear it down to do rings. I will drop in some clone motor of some sort.
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2016, 03:28 PM   #12
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

To be fair. I knew the guy. His kids out grew it. We do business togeather, he knows I like to tinker and he just wanted it gone. He wasent going to fool with it.
Old 05-12-2016, 04:13 PM   #13
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

1670 hours. You nailed it! I didn't notice the hour meter till late yesterday and I forgot when I got back to house about it
Old 05-12-2016, 10:14 PM   #14
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok, I got impatient. I pulled the carb to clean it. I should of saved my money...I jumped too soon and bought the replacement. As bad as this carb is with the algae covered ethonol crystals a bit of carb cleaner and air and it cleaned right up. Put all back togeather and it runs like a sewing machine.

And here is a pic after I pressure washed the dust and dirt off of it and what mildew I could off the seat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160512_171715.jpg (265.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20160512_183217.jpg (449.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-13-2016, 01:09 AM   #15
general01
Gone Wild
Club Car

Always keep a spare

I did when I had the factory engine in my ds(though it was never needed)

This is one reasion I run 100% gas with no ethanol in it(did with the factory engine and the float bowl was like new

Mine had 1865 hours on the clock when I did my engine swap(the factory engine would take spells of blowing blue smoke so I knew the piston rings was shot)
My uncle can rebuild it but the cost was more(including parts)then a vc460 so i went that route(now the cart does 33 where it would top at 25mph before)

Your cart looks great since it's clean enjoy it

I wish I could find a freebie cart to mess with(may ask my neighbor as he has one his son used to use) I paid a grand for my ds with the engine like it was(not bad considering i missed out on a previous deal the guy had for me)
general01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 09:21 AM   #16
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemsoncartguy View Post
Yea. I ordered a carb for it. It's flooding out. And as cheap as it was I figured I'd give aftermarket a shot before a teardown or rebuild. I have has success with them on other applications. Carb seems to either flood or starve it? Mabe a pump issue as well? Will order the latter if need be...I have already taken it apart and cleaned it.

The intake is softened up from fuel probably from the float sunk or bad needle /seat? Once I get It running well enough I will get that taken care of.

I should of drained the fuel in it but I just added some fresh about 1.5 gallons and put some fuel cleaner into it to help remove varnish. Gas was definitely older...not the worst I have smelled and still "useable"
Nothing wrong with an aftermarket carb unless you are a purest. With aftermarket parts I am only concerned with customer reviews and the companies return policy
ericandrews331@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 10:07 AM   #17
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Not a purist here.
Old 05-15-2016, 02:02 PM   #18
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Such a good platform for so many different things. Happy for you - great score!

...Tools ...Toys (same thing) :)
UncleJerm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car