lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2016, 09:59 PM   #1
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default G29 turning radius

Hey,

Just to be sure, as I don't do many wheel alignments on this type of car, the only adjustment for the g29 is toe in/out correct? The issue is when you turn hard right the car turns very sharply and tight, but when you turn hard left it turns fairly wide. It's not even turning on both sides. I was going to inspect tomorrow for possible frame damage where the steering rack mounts to but I want to be sure I'm not missing anything. When I drive straight forward there is very minimal pull to left or right so I believe the wheels are aligned well.

Thanks for any input

-Steve
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2016, 02:20 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: G29 turning radius

check for a bent bracket between the tie rod end and the spindle. it's an s-shaped bracket.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 06:55 AM   #3
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
check for a bent bracket between the tie rod end and the spindle. it's an s-shaped bracket.
Hey,

Oh ok the boomerang as I call it lol. Good point, I did glance around it and didn't notice it bent but then again it can be hard to notice unless I remove the tire. I will do that today

Thanks
-Steve
Old 08-17-2016, 08:00 AM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Look carefully at the front end with the wheels turned left and right and see what looks different.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 05:51 PM   #5
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

hey guys,

Sure enough the frame where the rack gets mounted is bent, not allowing the arms on the steering rack to function properly. now its resting at a slant instead of being horizontal. I had to use hydraulic body ram and thick metal plate to get it straight again! not easy to do and a pain, but someone must have hit something pretty good under there.

thanks again

-steve
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha