lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2016, 03:05 PM   #11
NBE
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2009 RXV pedal switches

Definitely a pain. In fact, this whole situation is a pain...or two.

I have both pedals out of the cart so I can work on them on the bench. It's good that I did because that compartment is really dirty and dusty so I'm giving it a good cleaning before I install everything back and close it up.

Brad
NBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2016, 11:01 PM   #12
NBE
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Well, got the switch that I ordered yesterday and it is the correct one. Third time is the charm they say.

Even better, the cart is up and running. Now I get to test out my rebuilt rear end.

Also waiting to hear back from EZGO about returning my parts. I can only hope that goes better than the ordering process. Not feeling very optimistic.

Thanks to Bob for his advice.

Brad
NBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 04:04 AM   #13
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBE View Post
Well, got the switch that I ordered yesterday and it is the correct one. Third time is the charm they say.

Even better, the cart is up and running. Now I get to test out my rebuilt rear end.

Also waiting to hear back from EZGO about returning my parts. I can only hope that goes better than the ordering process. Not feeling very optimistic.

Thanks to Bob for his advice.

Brad
Glad it finally worked out for you Brad!

Good luck with returns. E-Z-GO always told me, no returns on electrical parts, so I just kept them. I have many thousands of $ in spare parts saved up over the past 20 years or so.

The warranty replacement for my defective 2015 2Five controller finally arrived yesterday, so now I have a spare controller for that NEV to go with the spare main harness. I should convert an RXV over to a 2Five. That would really tick off E-Z-GO.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 12:25 PM   #14
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Glad it finally worked out for you Brad!

Good luck with returns. E-Z-GO always told me, no returns on electrical parts, so I just kept them. I have many thousands of $ in spare parts saved up over the past 20 years or so.

The warranty replacement for my defective 2015 2Five controller finally arrived yesterday, so now I have a spare controller for that NEV to go with the spare main harness. I should convert an RXV over to a 2Five. That would really tick off E-Z-GO.
LOL, you should! Will really confuse someone one day in the future when the cart is someone else's.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 01:07 PM   #15
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
LOL, you should! Will really confuse someone one day in the future when the cart is someone else's.
There's an exemption that works for my RXV. The 2Five is too heavy and already legally a motor vehicle.
§ 20-51. Exempt from registration.
The following shall be exempt from the requirement of registration and certificate of title:
(12) Motorized wheelchairs or similar vehicles not exceeding 1,000 pounds gross weight when used for pedestrian purposes by a handicapped person with a mobility impairment as defined in G.S. 20-37.5.

I carry a copy in my RXV in case I get pulled over.

Bob
Old 09-25-2016, 08:24 AM   #16
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Sorry NBE, wish I had seen this thread earlier. I had the same switch delima a while back and was told by ezgo that the brake and throttle switch were the same for my cart. I called EZGO and the gentleman I talked to actually went back through all the documents he could find and said that my specific cart based on the serial number had the pedal assembly that used the same switches. I thanked him for his help but mine were clearly different. Brake had just a plunger and the throttle was longer and had the rubber button. I took the old bad switch apart and probably could have made the plunger work with the brake style switch but didn't feel like chancing it ordered the switch and separate wiring harness adapter and was exactly what I needed.. Put it in and all was well.. They were very proud of that harness. Little late but here was my thread http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...v-no-go-3.html

Also fwiw, I called EZGo back and talked with the gentleman I spoke with before just to give him a heads up about these switches because they are just read through manuals for the most part. Gave him my results and findings and he claimed he was going to add it to their notes for those switches.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 07:16 AM   #17
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBE View Post
Well, spent yesterday on and off the phone with EZGO. Still trying to resolve this problem. I was told to order a switch only...no harness. Part number 612889. I said ok but what about part number 609607. Parts guy says no, that one is for a gas cart. I said that the catalog says for electric RXV accelerator pedal and gas RXV turn signal. He says I definitely need 612889, Accelerator Molex Switch. I sent a picture of mine and said 609607 looks exactly like mine and 612889 looks slightly different. Sales guy say you need 612889.

So after ordering 612889 and having it sent overnight, it arrived this morning. Went outside to install the switch and guess what? It didn't fit. The plunger on 612889 is about 1/4 inch longer than my old switch. You have to depress the accelerator all the way down just to install the switch. When you release the pedal back to the up position the switch does not disengage because the plunger is too long..it stays pressed in somewhat.

Called EZGO back and they transferred me to a mechanic. At least he used to work on the carts but has moved up in the organization. After a lot of discussion and me sending pictures he says I need part number 609607.

So I've ordered it and it's coming overnight also. Ny now I have over $100 in shipping costs for all of these "wrong" parts. I guess we'll see if I'm finally lucky enough to get this cart running again.

By the way, I filled out one RMA request last night and have to do another one for today's wrong part in order to return the parts. From talking with them and reading their return policy, they seem reluctant to want to take parts back. Guess I'll see how this works out later on.

It really irks me (or worse really) that I've spent so much on shipping and keep getting parts that do not fit but was bought because on their advice and recommendation. I really needed this cart running last weekend so I'm getting desperate.

More to follow I'm sure. Hope it is good news for a change.

Brad
The crash of my RXV resulted in the plastic mounting tabs of both switches getting broken off. I tried ordering 609607 and the people at shop.ezgo.com say that is not a switch, but is a bolt for the rear axle. Can you check that number? Thank you.

Bob
Old 10-19-2016, 11:06 AM   #18
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Bob, 607605 is the switch with the wiring harness attached and no rubber boot.

The new style that has the rubber boot and the switch an harness will separate are switch 612889 and 615747 harness.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 12:04 AM   #19
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Bob, 607605 is the switch with the wiring harness attached and no rubber boot.

The new style that has the rubber boot and the switch an harness will separate are switch 612889 and 615747 harness.
I found the part number for the 2008 to pre-2013 accellerator switch, it is E-Z-GO part number 609697. 2013 on is the 612889 switch and the 615747 harness.

Bob
Old 03-13-2022, 10:42 AM   #20
royalrow88@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2014 RXV pedal switches

accelerator position sensor. i see it is spring loaded! Is their a particular way to install on pedal?
royalrow88@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO