lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-06-2017, 02:49 PM   #1
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default 48V DPI Accusense charger info needed.

I need the three lines of numbers off the label stuck on the top rear of the transformer in a 48V DPI Accusense charger.

I'm trying to determine if the 42V and the 48V version use the same transformer. If they do, switching from 42V to 48V (or vice versa) is simply a PC Board replacement.

Backstory: I had a 36V DPI when I was running a 36V battery pack and noticed it consisted of main two parts, not counting the case, ammeter and cables. All the charger electronics are located on a single PCB, which is fed by a step-down transformer. When I decided to go to 42V, I called DPI and asked if my 36V charger could be turned into a 42V charger by replacing the 36V PCB with a 42V PCB. The answer was no because the output voltage of the transformer used in the 36V version wasn't high enough to fully charge a 42V pack. After a a couple more questions, the person I was speaking with said the 42V and the 48V versions used the same transformer and a 42V could be made into a 48V by changing the board.

Believing that to be true, I posted it on the forum several times, but a while back, a site sponsor who is a DPI dealer told me that DPI had told him the 42V and 48V versions had different transformers, meaning a 42V cannot be made into a 48V with a simple board swap, so I stopped saying it was a possibility.

I just learned the label on the transformer in a recently purchased 42V version had the following numbers:
XFRL0027
14817R-1638
DPI-180H-00

Pictures I took of the innards of my 36V charger shows the numbers to be:
XFR002
13616R1-1144
DPI 180H-00

Since the transformer in the 42V version appears to be labeled 48 while the 36V version is labeled 36, I'm inclined to believe the 42V and 48V versions use the same transformer and a board swap will make in into a 48V charger.

If any of you out there that has a 48V version, please post (or PM me) the three lines of digits on the label attached to your transformer.

And I love to hear from anybody that has charged a 42V DPI into 48V, or the other way.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-06-2017, 04:40 PM   #2
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 48V DPI Accusense charger info needed.

Setting up your carriage for 48v?
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 04:47 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I thought we established that they do use the same transformer and switching between 42 and 48v was just a control board swap ? you could call DPI
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 05:13 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
Setting up your carriage for 48v?
Probably not for another year or two, if ever, my 42V pack is only about 4.5 years old and cart not exhibiting signs of reduced performance.

It'll probably boil down to total installed cost since the performance gains with my setup will be minimal. At 42V I've got more torque than I can couple to the ground and can rev the motor above its max recommended RPM on level ground. The only performance gain I can see is that it wouldn't slow quite as much going uphill and it doesn't slow all that much at 42V.

I'm trying to find out if the 42V and 48V DPI chargers have the same transformer so I can advise others of that possibility.
Old 04-06-2017, 05:19 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I thought we established that they do use the same transformer and switching between 42 and 48v was just a control board swap ? you could call DPI
My memory is worse than I realized.

I thought you said that DPI said they used different transformers.
Old 04-06-2017, 05:20 PM   #6
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Good. 'Cause if your performance is reduced, I have seen ads on CNN for pills to help with that.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO