lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2017, 02:15 PM   #1
Keithsetzer
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 96 ds series with mcor need to beef up!!!

I have a 96 ds that someone converted to a mcor. I already put 4gusge cables through out cart. I put a 10hp d and d high torque motor on it. It has 8" lift with 23" tires. Im looking to get the most torque possible without hurting my cart. It has the f&r lever ( not the switch ) it is 48 volt.
I am about to purchase either a 420 amp or a 600 amp navitas controller with the on the fly option. My question is which should I go with? Will the 600 amp give my significant torque over the 420? Also will the 600 amp be more likely to burn up my f&r switch? It is a $80 difference in the two controllers. Thanks for any input
Keithsetzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2017, 02:25 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 96 ds series with mcor. Want to beef up!!!!

Have you sought out the advice of our site sponsors like Revolution Golf Cars - David Hicks or Carts Unlimited - scottyb? If not, this is a perfect time to contact them as they may even point you in a better direction and save you some $'s at the same time.

And just off your current question, I would go with the 600 amp based on all you have done and presumably will do, and if the FNR can not handle it, then I would get one of the special HD reversing contactors that I saw on Carts Unlimiteds' site.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 02:31 PM   #3
Keithsetzer
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 96 ds series with mcor need to beef up!!!

Hi, I need some advice. I have a 96 ds 48 volt cart converted to mcor. I put a 8" lift with 23" tires on it. I have put 4g cables through out the cart. I have upgraded to a 10 hp d&d high torque motor. I need advice on controllers. My cart has the f&r lever. Not the switch. I'm looking at a 420 amp and 600 amp navitas with the on the fly. But I am worried about if the 600 will burn up my f&r switch sooner. Also will I gain significant torque with the 600 over the 420? The price difference is minimal so that is not a factor. Thank for any input
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170622_150807118_HDR.jpg (106.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-30-2017, 03:52 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Compare the Alltrax SR control with the FN1 speed dial available in 400, 500, and 600 amps with higher peaks and longer sustained output than any competitor. 2 yr warranty and free user program software ~ why would you buy anything else!? Oh yeah and a built in cooling fan on 500a units optional on 3-400 amp units. Did I mention reverse polarity protection? It's got that in case you goof up

Anyway - take a look before you buy

You will need a HD F&R before long with that motor.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 03:56 PM   #5
Keithsetzer
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok so alltrax makes a on the fly adapter as well? I was looking at the 500 amp alltrax before the navitas
Old 06-30-2017, 03:58 PM   #6
rib33024

Default Re: 96 ds series with mcor need to beef up!!!

One thread
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 04:02 PM   #7
Keithsetzer
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Are you suggesting the alltrax because of the cooling fan?
I need this cart to have as much torque as possible. I will be using it at my deer lease in West Texas. There are some steep inclines I will need to be able to go up with out issues.
Old 06-30-2017, 04:03 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The 500 SR control has a peak output of 570 amps and higher sustained output than anything in it's class which means more usable hill power.
We have a deal where if you buy the controller you get the industry's best 400a MZJ solenoid for $50
Old 06-30-2017, 04:07 PM   #9
Keithsetzer
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

This controller the one you are suggesting Scotty b. ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20170630-160437.jpg (55.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-30-2017, 04:12 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I'm actually suggesting the same controller on my website for $32 less with the option to save $25 on a super duty 400 solenoid see item #7 here > http://www.cartsunlimited.net/alltrax-sr-series--.html

But you like eBay... ebay sellers have higher overhead than independent dealers. How do you think eBay is getting rich?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car