lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-09-2017, 04:13 PM   #1
Bignqstyz
Not Yet Wild

Default Tomberlin help

2010 Emerge Trojan batteries 4 months olld. Has full charge check all the front switches then replaced emergency brake toggle switch then sent cutis controller off. It took of in reverse like a bat out of hell then slows to a crawl. It now blinks 1 then 3 times. I replaced the speed sensor same problem. I replaced the magnet. (Not sure if there's a specific way it needs to face) but I'm stuck in Oklahoma nobody will even take a look at it. I'm so frustrated and in put would be greatly appreciated. I also tried resetting the controller plug in out turn key plug back in. Does the controller have to be programmed?
Bignqstyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-10-2017, 10:10 AM   #2
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Tomberlin help

As long as the wrong hands haven't changed anything on that cart, you should still be OK.
Where did you get the speed sensor and magnet? If aftermarket, then it could still be your issue as I have customer here that try to fix their carts and buy cheap *** parts that are junk right out of the box. Just did a Star car- speed sensor was changed, same issue, I changed it to a good part, all was good.
If you could find someone with a Curtis scan tool, that would help you a bunch.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 06:14 PM   #3
Bignqstyz
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the response. It was sent to Flight Systems in Pennsylvania the motor sensor part I bought was Tomberlin-Motor-Sensor-Kit-1008007-Speed-Sensor-40-Part-1007895-41-for-E-Merge-USA-. It didn't have the magnet I didn't know it was an option. So I bought the magnet separate. Is there a specific side the magnet should be? I'm really not trying to cut corners I just can't find anyone to work on the here in Tulsa. The cart shop I bought my Trojan batteries told me I'm doing exactly what they would do. Scary thing is Im not sure what I'm doing since there's not a lot of information available. I just want it to run again and don't mind paying for whatever if it would just fix it. Someone told me to switch the F1 F2 wires? I haven't done that yet I just got that info. Any ideas would be appreciated
Old 09-15-2017, 09:44 AM   #4
pokesgolfcarts
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignqstyz View Post
Thanks for the response. It was sent to Flight Systems in Pennsylvania the motor sensor part I bought was Tomberlin-Motor-Sensor-Kit-1008007-Speed-Sensor-40-Part-1007895-41-for-E-Merge-USA-. It didn't have the magnet I didn't know it was an option. So I bought the magnet separate. Is there a specific side the magnet should be? I'm really not trying to cut corners I just can't find anyone to work on the here in Tulsa. The cart shop I bought my Trojan batteries told me I'm doing exactly what they would do. Scary thing is Im not sure what I'm doing since there's not a lot of information available. I just want it to run again and don't mind paying for whatever if it would just fix it. Someone told me to switch the F1 F2 wires? I haven't done that yet I just got that info. Any ideas would be appreciated
Switching the F1 F2 wires will switch the polarity, but it won't fix anything if it only ran one direction to begin with. Has the car been sitting awhile?
BTW I have a Curtis programmer and I work on Tomberlins in Stillwater if you want to make the hour drive!
pokesgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 06:53 PM   #5
Bignqstyz
Not Yet Wild

Are you guys open in Saturday?
Old 09-15-2017, 07:17 PM   #6
pokesgolfcarts
Not Yet Wild

Yes, You can call me at 405-896-9101, I will be in OKC in the late afternoon and 405-564-4231 is my wife's number. You can call her if you will be coming later in the day.
Old 09-17-2017, 02:29 PM   #7
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Someone with a scanner will be able to tell you whats wrong with it.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 10:18 AM   #8
pokesgolfcarts
Not Yet Wild

In case anyone was following this thread the problem was the controller, fresh from an FSIP remanufacturing, was not outputting any voltage to the speed sensor itself, which should be ~15 volts. It was returned under warranty and fixed.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin