lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-21-2017, 07:52 PM   #1
Scrambled
Not Yet Wild

Default Cushman titan won’t drive far

Hi all-

I bought a cushman titan 3000 cart. The cart would move and drive when I bought it, but only a few feet.

I got it home, and installed new 6 volt golf cart batteries. I replaced all six with new batteries from Rural King.

I changed the batteries one at a time, and made sure everything was wired the same.

The problem is I can only drive it about 1000 feet before it slowes to a crawl.

The battery charger said it was working.

Any ideas?

Steve
Scrambled is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-22-2017, 01:05 AM   #2
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Default Re: Cushman titan won’t drive far

Welcome to the BGW forum.

Check the voltage reading on your 36 volt battery pack using a digital volt meter. The batteries may not have been fully charged when you received them. Did you give them a FULL charge before doing your road test? Note that a full charge normally takes a number of hours depending on the state of charge. The charger should be allowed to run it's full cycle to fully charge the batteries. Since the batteries are new, it will also take a significant number of charge cycles for the batteries to reach their full potential. What make and rating are your batteries? I would recommend checking the manufacturers website for the proper new battery break in recommendations.

What is the make, model and rating (volts and amps) of your charger?

Check your battery pack voltage and compare it to the attached State of Charge chart. Note that at 100% State of Charge, you should have a stabilized static pack voltage of about 38.2 volts. Also note that at a 50% State of Charge, your static pack voltage would be about 36.31 volts. It can take a number of hours for your pack voltage to stabilize either after charging or after running your cart ... voltage stabilization can take 12 to 24 hours. There is some good information on the attached chart ... have a read through it and get back to the forum if you have any questions.

If your batteries are at a low state of charger, fully charge them, record the stabilized pack voltage and attempt to road test your cart again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Carts Unlimited State of Charge Chart.JPG (71.0 KB, 0 views)
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 07:28 PM   #3
Scrambled
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cushman titan won’t drive far

I just charged the batteries for 2 hours. I put the charger on an hour or so ago,and I will charge it overnight. I will post again tomorrow with the voltages.

Thanks

Steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Scrambled is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts