lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-22-2017, 07:13 PM   #21
BearsFan315
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Opinion on Used Gas Club Car

Ok went out and looked over the 08 CC, it was originally a service cart up in yorktown, VA with a steel bed similar to the one on it. it started right up when i turned the key and hit the gas. it accelerated and cruised right along. put it in reverse and it backed up and beeped. turned left turned right no clicking or ticking.

they bought it from the service when they got new units, they were going to use it for their campground they stay at, but NO GAS CARTS ALLOWED, so they are selling it as they got a used electric cart now.

validated new plug and oil filter, it also has a NEW carburetor on it. it is also the Fe290 Engine per the tag on the Engine. did not look like any leaking, but hard to see with at ll the dirt, but nothing was WET on it. Rear End was dirty but bone dry, as in no leaks.

the muffler is pretty much rusted, at least the shroud on the muffler pipe is pretty much gone. (this is the perforated portion over the pipe itself)

will need to be cleaned up, it lives outside in the elements. wiring will need to be cleaned up. battery is a few years old, but works and holds a charge. Lights work. no cracks in the roof, body is pretty scratched up, looks like it has been bush brushing. no rips in seats, floor is solid. posts are solid, not beat up. tires hold air and have decent tread on them.

just really dirty and dingy, w/ cob webs, etc... just been sitting around mostly since they got, Said only a few trips down the street. seems to just want to get rid of it, and put the money into the cart trailer he has and such. (maybe wife is making him clean up the junk in the back yard)

we talked, first said he would do $1800, I asked about $1600 he would take $1600 cash, just wants to get rid of it and fix up the trailer.
BearsFan315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-23-2017, 12:24 AM   #22
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

16 is a steal for a cart that age in my area I would but it in a heartbeat and could turn it for double the money
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 12:27 AM   #23
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicyunicorn View Post
16 is a steal for a cart that age in my area I would but it in a heartbeat and could turn it for double the money
Yep. Can't beat that. Buy it.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 08:50 AM   #24
BearsFan315
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Looks to be a steal, just know it will take some work and time and of course $$
anything i should look harder at or into ?? or question about ??

it runs as it is, but probably run better if it is cleaned up and really tuned up. sure it has been beat to death as a service cart and sitting outside all is life.

but what's the life of one of these Club Car DS carts ??
frame probably last forever if taken care of ??
The Kawasaki Fe290 motor ??
I figure brakes, shocks, etc are like anything else routine replacement every so many years when needed...
Tires When Desired or Tread is Low like a car ??
Old 12-23-2017, 12:41 PM   #25
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Being a car enthusiast, I hope you whine up with a gas powered Club Car regardless of what year.
Oh yeah and I am definitely a Chevy guy, LOL so you say that 1924 Chevrolet has a a souped-up 6.2 supercharged under the hood? Just kidding would never ever ruin a beautiful car like that LOL. I don't own a an antique car but I love doing to all the antique car auctions and shows there are few here in Texas but the East Coast has the best antique cars Bar None Virginia Maryland just to name a few

To me the best bang for your buck overall is a gas powered Club Car, the EZGO, Yamaha, and Club Car would be like comparing Chevy Dodge and Ford, Chevy being the club car of course LOL
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 01:08 PM   #26
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsFan315 View Post
but what's the life of one of these Club Car DS carts ??
frame probably last forever if taken care of ??
The Kawasaki Fe290 motor ??
I figure brakes, shocks, etc are like anything else routine replacement every so many years when needed...
Tires When Desired or Tread is Low like a car ??
Like so many other things, it's "life" depends a lot on it's care. I personally own 2 D/S's much older than that one. '91 with the flathead, & '92 with the first of the FE290's. Both still very solid. Run & drive great, though I have had to recover the seats. Shocks rarely need replacement, brakes last almost forever - these golf carts really don't stress their components that much unless you use them pretty hard. Tires usually dry rot & split before they wear out.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 01:31 PM   #27
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
Like so many other things, it's "life" depends a lot on it's care. I personally own 2 D/S's much older than that one. '91 with the flathead, & '92 with the first of the FE290's. Both still very solid. Run & drive great, though I have had to recover the seats. Shocks rarely need replacement, brakes last almost forever - these golf carts really don't stress their components that much unless you use them pretty hard. Tires usually dry rot & split before they wear out.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 04:40 PM   #28
compmikey
Getting Wild

Club Car

I agree with above posts in that you should snap this one up!
That's a good price. It can be cleaned up.
My 95 DS has been outdoors for the past 18 years and we have brutal winters around the Great Lakes. Keep them clean and remember to trickle charge often. Tarping it helps too.
compmikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 10:12 PM   #29
BearsFan315
Gone Wild

Yamaha

WOW thats a lot of snow :p

I will see about snatchin it up and making it my first cart :)

and maybe i can get in on the club car experience and private club :p
Old 12-25-2017, 06:58 AM   #30
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

You won't regret that decision, when you pick it up, post a couple of pictures.. so we can see what you got, Merry Christmas
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car