lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2018, 08:58 AM   #1
golfcarr10
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Reverse Beeper sound?

After getting cart back together the new F/R switch reverse beeper sounds different.

Symptoms: key on or off (same result) F/R in reverse beeper makes noise at about 50% sound level.
Key on, when solenoid is activated, the beeper sounds off at 100%, when solenoid deactivates it goes back to 50%.

I did try original beeper with same results...

2001 EZGO 36V series, Alltrax, SW180 soleniod, HD F/R.

(stock blue wire to micro switch closest to batteries, red wire to same micro switch, short red wire across to other micro switch (opposite batteries), orange wire on that micro switch, red wire thru the plate back to beeper, black wire to beeper)

Anyone run across this issue?
golfcarr10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-06-2018, 12:07 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Reverse Beeper sound?

GOLFCARR10.....first I have to ask if you are in Columbia Lakes....considering that's where I live!! and I have the same cart as you and could come over in person and help troubleshoot with you!! as far as your issue....somehow you are getting power to the beeper when it shouldn't, at least some sort of feedback!

shoot me a PM to let me know where you are at.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 01:40 PM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Stray voltage from somewhere.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 06:09 PM   #4
golfcarr10
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I removed the connectors to horn/beeper and attached volt meter (black and red wires) and got 38.2 (pack reading) without solenoid activated. activate solenoid and volts drop to 36 then rises almost instantly back to 38.x and the beeper gets LOUD (100%) as soon as the solenoid clicks?
Old 09-06-2018, 06:47 PM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

considering this started right after you replaced your F&R....I have to think that something got wired differently.....or at least something HAS changed.
Old 09-06-2018, 07:31 PM   #6
golfcarr10
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfcarr10 View Post
I removed the connectors to horn/beeper and attached volt meter (black and red wires) and got 38.2 (pack reading) without solenoid activated. activate solenoid and volts drop to 36 then rises almost instantly back to 38.x and the beeper gets LOUD (100%) as soon as the solenoid clicks?
Let me clarify:
Key on, F/R in neutral. Removed red and black wire from beeper/buzzer whatever... placed volt meter on wires, ZERO READING.
F/R in reverse, pack voltage reading on meter (38.2) beeper at 50% volume
activate solenoid (enough to click but not move the cart, pack voltage drops down around 37 for split second, then comes back up but not all the way up (38.0) beeper at 100% volume.

put back in neutral and the reading on meter goes back to 0

WTH ?

also put the old beeper (which has constant BEEEEEEP, new on is off on type deal like delivery trucks and such) same symptoms.
Old 09-06-2018, 07:38 PM   #7
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfcarr10 View Post
Let me clarify:
Key on, F/R in neutral. Removed red and black wire from beeper/buzzer whatever... placed volt meter on wires, ZERO READING.
F/R in reverse, pack voltage reading on meter (38.2) beeper at 50% volume
activate solenoid (enough to click but not move the cart, pack voltage drops down around 37 for split second, then comes back up but not all the way up (38.0) beeper at 100% volume.

put back in neutral and the reading on meter goes back to 0

WTH ?

also put the old beeper (which has constant BEEEEEEP, new on is off on type deal like delivery trucks and such) same symptoms.
tomorrow, I will go out and take the same reading on my cart, see what I get and report back to ya here.
Old 09-06-2018, 07:44 PM   #8
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Sounds like it might be getting power from the residual capacitor charge inside the controller when it should not, meaning it is getting power from the wrong side of the solenoid or a switch is hooked up where power is being drawn from the controller side when car is off or not in REV.

Yes, even if you disconnect power from the batteries, if you put a series TXT or Marathon in reverse, it will still beep until the charge is depleted from the controller, and, in fact, most service manuals use that to verify discharge.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 07:56 PM   #9
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

well I couldn't wait.....went out to the garage and got out the volt meter and with the key on (my buzzer isn't wired up on the negative side) with the cart in N....0V.....in F....0V.....in R....FULL PACK VOLTAGE.
Old 09-06-2018, 08:02 PM   #10
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

something tells me that the fact it does this with the key ON or OFF, has something to do with it, as that isn't right.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO