lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2018, 10:37 AM   #1
Bilito
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default HI All new guy here

HI I have a 2001 EZGO TXT with a jakes lift kit and 2inch wheel spacers with big knobby tires

Have not done much except changed all the lights to Led's and drive it around, it is really cool looking and seems so much bigger then other carts

I am thinking to get one of those Led Glow underbody and wheel well light kits and am seeking all the info I can find before I do anything.

Anyone have those kits??
Bilito is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-07-2018, 02:25 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: HI All new guy here

Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives’, husbands, girlfriend’s and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 03:08 PM   #3
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Welcome to the forum!

I put blue LED lights under the cup holders so when I turn on the headlights/taillights the interior of the cart glows too. My switches all have a little blue led indicator on them, my 5v USB in dash charging ports have the same blue, as does my stereo so it all flowed well. I thought about doing blue under-belly leds too but decided not to. I like the look as it is now.

I've seen others that are really cool with their ambient lighting under the cart or in the cart. I have a buddy with strip LEDs that run the entire perimeter of his roof and that puts out a great amount of ambient lighting and he can change to whatever color suits him by hitting the remote.

One word of caution, the wheel spacers do seem to cause some headache for people who overload the carts or go off-roading in them or pull trailers. Not all the time and not everybody, but if you abuse the cart you might want to ditch the spacers.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 06:21 PM   #4
Bilito
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the welcome words, I was or am also on the *********** forum, not much going on there.

I got the cart in a trade for a small boston whaler boat and motor that I have not used in several years that was in great shape and the cart was well maintained and had brand new or almost new 36V batteries, 12 inch wheels and tires, so far I have added a GTW LED head and tail light kit with directionals and another horn. I also added a set of Pro Fit side mirrors with directional signals built in, and a cell phone charger. I checked out 3 or 4 other brands of mirrors and none have as bright a front and back signal as the Pro Fit, I thought I did something wrong after installing them because they shut off after 30 seconds but later found out they have a 30 sec timer built in.
The cart came with 2 inch spacers on the front wheels and looked really funny, so I bought another set for the rear wheels and it now looks like a mean machine. The Cart came with a Samsung sound bar which I keep forgetting how to get going, but once I stop pressing the wrong button it works pretty good, think I would prefer a regular radio and CD player.
A guy around the block has one of those LED light strips all around under his roof and has many colors and patterns it runs and that looks cool and I want one too, he bought his at home depot last christmas and had to jury it up. I saw those LED GLOW kits advertised on the eBay site and they seem to blow away that HD jury rig. I have not found anyone with that installed yet. They are less then 100 bucks
Old 09-07-2018, 07:36 PM   #5
Fegarex
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Like BronsonJ I have lights under the cupholders and some under the dash. It looks nice but more than that it is handy. Doesn't seem to bother me while driving either. I also installed underbody lighting and it is nice but I am not sure how long it will last. It was adhesive strips and the sticky isn't so great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg glow.jpg (668.8 KB, 0 views)
Fegarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 11:59 PM   #6
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 07:41 AM   #7
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

welcome to the addiction
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 07:58 AM   #8
Roy Gurley
Gone Wild

Club Car

Location: Retired and live in small town of Timberlake, North Carolina

Welcome to the forum!
Roy Gurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 02:35 PM   #9
Bilito
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Hi all, I think you are right this could be an addiction, Every time I get something for my cart I start looking for something else to get, I just ordered a screaming Eagle decal for the front and Now I am looking for yellow and orange lightning bolt decal for the sides. Have not liked the ones I have seen so far
Old 09-08-2018, 07:02 PM   #10
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Post some pics
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO