lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-28-2019, 07:19 PM   #61
Newbuggyboy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: How to get a free cart (eventually) (long)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUgoTIGER View Post
sold cart #1 last night. Took a bit longer than I had imagined it would, but sold it for $1,800 with new batteries, new cables, and a new 12" LED lightbar I mounted on the front (pics attached).

So at this point in my grand scheme, I still have the 2011 TXT48 that at the very least, needs batteries & cables, a motor, and a controller just to get it running. I also am sitting with about $800 cash profit on the total investment.

I know I could put that $800 back in and cover the cost of batteries and cables, but then I'd be coming out of pocket for the rest. While I know I'd still be getting off relatively cheap, I know that if I keep it, in order to get it to what I would "want" it to be, I'd still be spending at least $2k of my money on something I absolutely don't need. I have to remind myself that the initial goal of the project was to get a cool cart for almost no money. Didn't quite work out that way, but didn't lose money, so I still win.

Probably just going to sell the TXT48 "as-is" and just tack whatever I can get for it onto my profit.

What do you all think I could get for it?
I'm think you should go for it. U were so close. Spend the $800.00 and sell some miscellaneous old coins/baseball cards/stamps to make up the difference. And do it in stages so it's not $1200 out of pocket all at once. Look for other things to flip also. Last year the us mint released a palladium coin for @$1200.00. I flipped it for $2300.00 in 2 days.

I hope you can get your freebie. Or instead of a lsv a lcv (low cost vehicle.)
Newbuggyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2019, 11:00 AM   #62
LSUgoTIGER
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Well I'm officially out of the golf cart business. Sold the TXT48 this weekend.

All in all, I ended up with about $1,000 profit, got some garage time, picked up a few new tools, and learned a few new skills.

Thanks to everyone on the board for helping me prove that this wasn't a totally idiotic idea.

I've got $1,000 in my pocket, and my wife can park in the garage again, so everyone is happy.

LSUgoTIGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 07:16 AM   #63
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

[emoji1303] Maybe you’ll get another one... one can never really “quit!” [emoji846]
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 08:05 AM   #64
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
[emoji1303] Maybe you’ll get another one... one can never really “quit!” [emoji846]
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO