lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-27-2019, 02:17 PM   #21
jdavila99999
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Ez go frame broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
I dunno. I've never had to look.

But what's wrong with the one in the pic? I can't tell as I can't see it in person, but if it's just surface rust, and good wire brushing followed by some brush on Rusteolum paint will likely make it last longer than you may want it to.

If it's a few places where rust thru has occurred, have it patch welded and again, paint with some good rust-proof paint and away you go.

But it's tough to say without a physical inspection. Ask a weld guy for an opinion.

That’s seems to be the consensus on this part .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jdavila99999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-28-2019, 09:54 AM   #22
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

What does the rest of the frame look like? I see enough rust in those two pics that I would question if its even worth repairing. There could be other places that are nearly as bad and will break in a month after you get it fixed.
Plus someone already patched in a piece of 1/4" angle and left the stub of a welding rod on it. So there more damage there that might just be hidden.
A patch over a patch is not a good idea.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 09:57 AM   #23
jdavila99999
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
What does the rest of the frame look like? I see enough rust in those two pics that I would question if its even worth repairing. There could be other places that are nearly as bad and will break in a month after you get it fixed.
Plus someone already patched in a piece of 1/4" angle and left the stub of a welding rod on it. So there more damage there that might just be hidden.
A patch over a patch is not a good idea.

Gotcha

Old 02-28-2019, 06:18 PM   #24
ycis
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

fyi 100% of that will be completely covered when the cart is assembled.

id personally grind all the rust off till you have bare metal to see whats actually left.

at that point you can likely find a piece (or two) of angle iron/flat stock/square tubing to box all that in and weld it stronger than new.

if I had to guess, the previous repair simply tried to fill the crack in the side only, and this of course failed.
ycis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 10:26 PM   #25
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Por15 is your friend. I can’t speak to the welding of the frame, but their isn’t much to the floor pan. The por15 will take care of any surface rust you can’t easily get off with a flap disk, etc.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 06:01 PM   #26
jdavila99999
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycis View Post
fyi 100% of that will be completely covered when the cart is assembled.

id personally grind all the rust off till you have bare metal to see whats actually left.

at that point you can likely find a piece (or two) of angle iron/flat stock/square tubing to box all that in and weld it stronger than new.

if I had to guess, the previous repair simply tried to fill the crack in the side only, and this of course failed.

I agree .
I plan to place as much tubing as I can .
Instead of just the crack.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO