lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-27-2019, 08:25 PM   #1
Rmh8673133
Not Yet Wild

Default Cart will not go

Seat came off and system got rained on and does not go. I Used the solenoid check procedure on web page. The resister was removed and the solenoid does not click at all ever. The voltage is 37.7 at batteries and at power lead on solenoid. The other post has .5 volts weather the pedal is pressed or not. I tested the small poles for voltage placing the negative on the system ground and placed the positive on the posts. With pedal not pressed I had .2 volts and 37 with pedal pressed. These voltages were at both posts. Please advise on next check process or part needed. Your service has been great and I appreciate it.
Rmh8673133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-27-2019, 10:01 PM   #2
couch702
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cart will not go

I thought people rinsed there bays out with a hose. I would think some rain would kill it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
couch702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 11:32 PM   #3
Isaac-1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It might be helpful if you would say what kind of cart you have
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 11:19 AM   #4
Rmh8673133
Not Yet Wild

1989 ezgo electric marathon (36volt) with their fullconversion kit from cables to pedal.
Old 03-01-2019, 01:19 PM   #5
Rmh8673133
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmh8673133 View Post
Seat came off and system got rained on and does not go. I Used the solenoid check procedure on web page. The resister was removed and the solenoid does not click at all ever. The voltage is 37.7 at batteries and at power lead on solenoid. The other post has .5 volts weather the pedal is pressed or not. I tested the small poles for voltage placing the negative on the system ground and placed the positive on the posts. With pedal not pressed I had .2 volts and 37 with pedal pressed. These voltages were at both posts. Please advise on next check process or part needed. Your service has been great and I appreciate it.
I found video on solenoid continuity and performed following. Disconnected all wires and checked continuity between small posts and there is none. I then hooked up the small posts and resister to small posts and powered on the system (key on pedal depressed) and got no click and no continuity. Based on these tests I believe I need a new coil. Please verify and advise.
Old 03-03-2019, 02:32 PM   #6
Rmh8673133
Not Yet Wild

New solenoid installed. Still no click at solenoid. Did voltage test on blue pedal wire with black wire disconnected at solenoid and have 37 volts at blue wire (tester had positive to wire and negative tobattery negative) when pedal is pressed Black wire has zero (disconnected). Hooked up all wires and tested with tester neg at black wire and pos at pos battery. With no pedal reads 37 volt and with pedal down read 90 volt? Need some testing instructions. Will be home Monday if call is better. Send to rmhansonse@aol.com. Thanks for being so prompt on shipping solenoid.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:24 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

For clarification; This is an Ezgo Marathon with a CU solid state conversion kit.
Answer or clarify the following questions by number.
1. Can we assume the solenoid is not clicking?
2. Is the SR controller LED showing any blink code when you try to go?
3. If yes, what is the blink code?
4. Can you replace the battery in the multi-meter (90v is not possibly correct)
5. When you try to go is there 37v(+) at the controller J1 red and the peadl blue wire to the solenoid (2 places) Test with black lead at the battery main (-)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 01:34 PM   #8
Rmh8673133
Not Yet Wild

1989 Marathon ezgo with altrax controller
Solenoid not clicking
Sr controller blinks one green and six red and repeats As soon as key is on and does not change with pedal depressed
There is 37 volt at j1 wire and at blue wire when pedal is depressed.
Old 03-04-2019, 03:02 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Alright we're getting somewhere.
In your owners manual is a list of blink codes.
1 grn 6 red is precharge failure.
This means the controller is not getting a precharge through the solenoid resistor. Check the resistor. remove one end. Check for continuity through the resistor.
This failure will stop the controller form working in self preservation
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 03:20 PM   #10
Rmh8673133
Not Yet Wild

Test shows no continuity at resister. Will order resister but which one? I have 36volt Cart with new 400 super 36/48 solenoid 400 major. Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO