lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-01-2019, 01:25 PM   #1
saleenpowr
Not Yet Wild

Default Rear flip seat is hitting my new grab bar...help

Hey guys...new here and new to buggies/golf carts. I just purchased a 2009 EZGO TXT PDS from a friends friend. Cart runs great and other than a few minor things, it's in pretty good shape. It has a rear flip seat but when I bought it, there was no grab bar. I bought one from Madjax but after i put it on, the rear sit hits it and wont lay all the way down flat. I really want the safety of the bar but also want the use of the cargo area when I need it. Any ideas here?

I didn't snap a pic of the cart with the grab bar but here are some pics I took when I picked it up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2345.jpg (6.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2347.jpg (6.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2346.jpg (6.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2332.jpg (188.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2330.jpg (181.6 KB, 0 views)
saleenpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-01-2019, 02:40 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Rear flip seat is hitting my new grab bar...help

Get the safety bar from the manufacturer of the seat kit.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 03:55 PM   #3
FF Titus
Gone Wild

That looks like a Seat-711 or some other chinese clone of a seat frame yet that cushion looks way off, much too large. Part number SEAT-691 should work for that style seat frame, but I doubt that cushion.
FF Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 04:04 PM   #4
saleenpowr
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Get the safety bar from the manufacturer of the seat kit.
Not sure who made it. Tried looking but couldn't find any names or numbers on the seat.
Old 03-02-2019, 09:41 AM   #5
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Did the seat function properly without the bar installed?

If the cushion is too large I would think it would fail to lay flat without the bar being there as the cushion should impact the hinge area???

Regardless, you've got it now. How much more space do you need? If you need an inch, just give the grab bar a pull and move it the inch. It should stay. If you need 2 or 10 inches, then you'll need to get creative with the bar.

As for safety, I didn't like the bar on mine as the bar requires the person actively falling off the back seat to be of sound mind enough to grab it... Adults, OK. Kids??? So I simply put a set of seat belts in for the rear seat and nixed the grab bar. Since nobody can fall out then nobody needs to think about grabbing the bar.

I didn't like the look of the grab bar on my cart either. Universal seat belts can be had all over the internet for about $20 and honestly, out of all the upgrades I've done to the cart the seat belts are by far the best for the $. Other mods were fun, but this makes me not worry when driving it...

Also, they hold in kids when as a seat and they hold groceries when the seat is flipped to a bed.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 09:29 PM   #6
saleenpowr
Not Yet Wild

I’m probably going the route of seat belts and no bar. Or I might fabricate something up and make the bar a little lower so something is still there and it supports the seat when flipped.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO