lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2019, 09:56 AM   #1
Talonracer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 99 TXT 36V turn signal brakelight question

Hi guys just sold my 86 Yamaha G1 and picked up a 99 Ezgo TXT 36V Cart has led headlights and taillights was wondering what I need to add turn signals and brake lights thanks
Talonracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-03-2019, 02:12 PM   #2
TexTurbo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 99 TXT 36V turn signal brakelight question

You will have to do some inspection/detective work....
Most LED light kits (some call them "basic") are just that...all the headlights, markers, and tail lights are wired together in one big "all on or all off" scenario.

look for "unused " connectors on the light system wiring harness (hard to do on a TXT under the front cowl), look around the brake pedal for a brake light switch connector.

If you dont find anything like that, you have a couple of options,
Buy a "street legal" complete light kit, remove your existing one, installing the new kit with the horn, turn, and brake lights all pre-wired.

Something like this:

https://diygolfcart.com/madjax-ezgo-...t-kit-1996-13/

There are many different "sizes" of front headlights out there, I strongly recommend (experience talking here) you check with one of our sponsors
about the actual size of the headlights vs what have already been cut out in your cowling....

Buy the pieces, ie: brake light switch, turn signal switch and relay, and go after grafting that into your existing harness.

I have done both.... IMHO.... life is too short to do the grafting and piece part route again...

Hope this helps !!
TexTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 03:57 PM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I opened up my dome light and it was a bunch of 3 LEDs in series, all in parallel, to run on 12 volts. I rigged up a switch to run just 3, or all of them. Maybe you can do the same?

On the attached, I represent three in series by one LED.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dome.jpg (26.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Dome2.jpg (54.6 KB, 0 views)
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 06:32 AM   #4
Talonracer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the replies after doing some research it is an offroad only kit (basic) really don't have the time to rewire everything most likely buy another set for street legal thanks guys
Talonracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO