lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2019, 10:21 PM   #1
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default EZGO TXT 94-01.5 DCS - Front Suspension Questions

Hi All,

Did some test driving with my cart and the front suspension may need some love.

I have a RHOX LIFT-100 6" spindle lift kit and 14"x23" Duro Off-Road tires.

When my wife and I sit in the cart the front nose sinks and there is a lot of bounce. It is stock cantilever leaf springs and shocks from what I can tell. I have the old 3 bolt style steering.

From the top of the front tire to the lowest part of the cowl, there is only 4" of clearance with no one sitting on the cart. Should it be higher? I put new heavy duty leaf springs on the back as I have a back seat. Seems to have picked the cart up in the back and tipped it forward.

Just not sure if I should have more than 4" clearance from cowl to tire in the front.

I don't mind chaning the front leaf springs and shocks but, want to be sure first. The leaf springs in the front from visual inspection look ok. Shocks are not leaking either.

Not sure if they sell heavy duty front leaf springs for this model cart. Or if it is my shocks that are the problem. Or both.

All opinions and suggestions welcome.

Thanks!
Impaled
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2019, 06:35 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO TXT 94-01.5 DCS - Front Suspension Questions

I already hit the nail in the head.....HD Front Springs, and YES they sell them as I have installed them on my cart and another that I built. With putting the stiffer springs on the back, it balances it out front to rear.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 07:37 PM   #3
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
I already hit the nail in the head.....HD Front Springs, and YES they sell them as I have installed them on my cart and another that I built. With putting the stiffer springs on the back, it balances it out front to rear.
Thank-you for confirming my suspicions.

Do you recall what part number you used? Looking on a bunch of sites they list the part number for my cart as Part #70422G01. With the description as:

Quote:
Front Heavy Duty Leaf Spring for EZ GO (94-00) Medalist / TXT. All leaf springs sold individually. OEM: 70422G01, 70311G01, 70431G01, 75366G01
But, the EZGO website they list Part #70422G01 as the HD front for:

Quote:
Heavy Duty Leaf Spring for your E-Z-GO Clays Car, Shuttles, ST model vehicles, 1995-Current.
Ordering parts in Canada is a pain in the ... so I want to be certain I am getting the right part for the HD front leaf springs.

Cheers,
Impaled
Old 04-29-2019, 05:44 PM   #4
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Just confirming that HD front leaf springs did indeed solve the problem. Picked up the cart up 2" and it is balanced now. Thanks!

Wasn't easy to install them. Not "hard" but, tedious because I had to lift the floor mat. I didn't get lucky with the bolts. There was also a beach worth of sand under my mat so that took a while to clean.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO