lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2019, 05:38 AM   #11
aghead
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 02 DS now quicker, but not up hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggdoll View Post
Went there, didn't see the pic?
My bad, I thought it was there. There are a lot of threads with pics. My search of the site will not return any at all.
Sometimes the search is finiky? I don't know why? agervating!
aghead is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-05-2019, 05:46 AM   #12
aghead
Getting Wild
Club Car

search term " Governor spring zip tie pics "

Also, this thread has all you need, but I can't share it , don't know how.

Belts, Clutch Machining, and Springs... Oh my !!

copy, paste in search bar and check the "search threads" button
aghead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 05:55 AM   #13
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Click>>> http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...prings-oh.html

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 11:49 AM   #14
aaron580
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
Ahh yes! I was thinking those went on completely different. Should the cable for the black box still be stretched all the way out? Or bring it in to factory setting? I already lengthened the throttle rod from pedal.
aaron580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 12:55 PM   #15
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Good link lockman!

I would put pedal rod and cables to stock location and put the zip ties on. Dont cinch themnall the way tight, or it will be too much and you'll hit the rev limiter. The governor still needs to be able to do its thing.

The cables are important to set when the throttle starts to open vs. The starter/generator turning. You want the starter/generator to turn the engine before the throttle starts to open when set correctly.

You can use the pedal rod length and the cable adjustment if necessary, to fine tune with the zip tie so you can get max speed possible without hitting the rev limiter. It's a balancing act for sure and it does take some time to fine tune. But once you find that sweet spot, you'll never have to touch it again :)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 01:02 PM   #16
aaron580
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Good link lockman!

I would put pedal rod and cables to stock location and put the zip ties on. Dont cinch themnall the way tight, or it will be too much and you'll hit the rev limiter. The governor still needs to be able to do its thing.

The cables are important to set when the throttle starts to open vs. The starter/generator turning. You want the starter/generator to turn the engine before the throttle starts to open when set correctly.

You can use the pedal rod length and the cable adjustment if necessary, to fine tune with the zip tie so you can get max speed possible without hitting the rev limiter. It's a balancing act for sure and it does take some time to fine tune. But once you find that sweet spot, you'll never have to touch it again :)
Makes sense. Thanks for the info. Ill put everything back to the stock locations. So basically by just doing up the governor, Ill be able to get my super low idle/speed back? (being able to putter slow) Right now, it starts and jumps in at like 1500 or more RPM, I need to look again. With barely any pedal, I am probably going 8mph LOL. Its a hoss currently, just the only speed is fast.
Old 08-05-2019, 04:45 PM   #17
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Yes. Especially if its adjusted too tight, by the time the engine takes over from starter and starts running, it's already, we'll say... half throttle (just to throw an arbitrary number for reference, could be 1/3 open, 1/4 open... but you've got no control below whatever it is at). So when you release the pedal to the point youd be able to drive slow, the microswitch clicks off, kills spark, engine shuts down. Then when you press it enough to click the M/S its half throttle so back and forth you go.
Old 08-05-2019, 06:07 PM   #18
aaron580
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Yes. Especially if its adjusted too tight, by the time the engine takes over from starter and starts running, it's already, we'll say... half throttle (just to throw an arbitrary number for reference, could be 1/3 open, 1/4 open... but you've got no control below whatever it is at). So when you release the pedal to the point youd be able to drive slow, the microswitch clicks off, kills spark, engine shuts down. Then when you press it enough to click the M/S its half throttle so back and forth you go.
I would bet you when I hit it and it starts its at half throttle now. Ill fix that for sure. she wants to GO!
Old 08-05-2019, 07:21 PM   #19
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron580 View Post
I would bet you when I hit it and it starts its at half throttle now. Ill fix that for sure. she wants to GO!
I'd bet you're right

Turn the key off. Slowly press the pedal. I like it to "click" in the first 1/2" or so. That's the rod adjustment. Then keep pressing it, you should have to go another 1/2 inch before you can see the throttle move on the carburetor. You adjust that by the set nut attaching the cable to the box.

That's how I like to set it up anyway. That works out the best.
Old 08-08-2019, 07:42 PM   #20
aaron580
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
I'd bet you're right

Turn the key off. Slowly press the pedal. I like it to "click" in the first 1/2" or so. That's the rod adjustment. Then keep pressing it, you should have to go another 1/2 inch before you can see the throttle move on the carburetor. You adjust that by the set nut attaching the cable to the box.

That's how I like to set it up anyway. That works out the best.
Wish I had seen this before tuning tonight. It seems to me I lost a little speed vs just adjusting the cable out. I only put 1 zip tie on tonight, but my click is almost 1/3-1/2 way in, so maybe I need to adjust the rod. I topped 17.8mph at about 3900rpm, vs the other day I'm pretty sure I got that from 3700ish. I did my granny gear back though! So adjusting the rod out helps when you hear the click, then the cable helps actual throttle rpms?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car