lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2019, 08:08 AM   #11
Xwell
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Not starting FE290

Just a shot in the dark, but how strong is the vacuum to the pulse line going to the fuel pump? If you disconnect the end of the fuel line going to the carb and place it in a jar, does it spit a good amount of fuel when the engine is trying to run?
Xwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2019, 10:03 AM   #12
Xwell
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ironically, I just dealt with this issue last night on a cart I'm building right now. We put a lift on over the weekend, and I was adjusting the alignment. So I wanted to take it for a test drive. Got about 50 yards down the road an it died. It would fire up just long enough to engage the clutches, and then would die. Over and over again. When I got back to the shop I noticed that the pulse line going to the fuel pump was like a banjo string due to the lift, and had cracked a bit where it connected to the crankcase. I replaced the tubing, re-primed the carb, and it fired up and ran like a champ.
Old 10-03-2019, 10:06 AM   #13
Xwell
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Also, I second CP241 asking about the airbox. These Club Cars are VERY finicky about having the airbox connected to the carb...
Old 10-03-2019, 12:52 PM   #14
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Sorry I've been out of town, not on here much but also verify that the carb butterfly is actually opening and closing all the way. If its not open, it's not going to start. If its stuck open, its gonna be hard to start but run great once it's started and running.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 07:08 AM   #15
oncearacer52
Gone Wild
Club Car

Sorry I have been out of town also. Fuel pump puts out a good stream of fuel. But I think I will replace all the lines on the fuel pump just in case. Gonna measure valve lift and do a leak down also.
oncearacer52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 03:50 AM   #16
oncearacer52
Gone Wild
Club Car

Still no luck.
Old 10-11-2019, 08:45 AM   #17
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Does the throttle plate close all the way in the carb? You may have a sticky cable. Do you have the OEM carb still? I don't like aftermarket carbs, never had much luck with them actually working. I would make sure it's good and clean and try that.

Is there actually fuel in the carb bowl? do you have a good steady supply of fuel coming out of the fuel line into the carb when the engine is cranking?
Old 10-12-2019, 09:40 AM   #18
oncearacer52
Gone Wild
Club Car

Throttle plate is closing, cable is good and free. Original carb was disassembled and cleaned with all passages blown out (3 times). I did put on a new carb (china) with no change. Changed fuel pumps but, the old one was pumping just fine. It starts up just fine and runs like a champ until a minute or two then it starts the cycling up and down. I finally gave up and told the guy to come and get it. The first cart I couldn't fix.
Old 10-12-2019, 10:00 AM   #19
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

What color was the spark when it would flutter? What you describe in the last post is different than I was reading in your first post. When an ignition coil starts to fail it can behave like this. It will.still have spark, but weak so it runs funny like that. Especially with an aftermarket ignition coil. But you have to check spark when it acts up, not when it's been sitting first a few minutes Eventually.it will quit all together
Old 10-15-2019, 05:15 AM   #20
oncearacer52
Gone Wild
Club Car

Put on a new coil and the spark greatly improved and was continuous even during the popping. Spark was a bright white. Firing was intermittent until the new coil.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car