lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2020, 08:26 PM   #1
Fireball9298
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default New cables and solenoid, where?

Hello all, new member here. I just bought a 15 Precedent and im trying to slap on some 1 or 2ga cables throughout the whole cart but cannot find any complete kits like I can for the ezgo carts. I can find kits for the ezgos everywhere, so frustrating. Im also trying to find a 400amp SW180 solenoid but cant seem to find a place to buy that from either. The only thing i can seem to find on my own without issue is the Alltrax XCT-48500 controller.

Anybody know where I can find all 3 quality components for the best deal?

So far all I have is this for the controller(I cant post links yet)
Alltrax XCT-48500 IQ 500 Amp Motor Controller For Club Car IQ Golf Cars off ebay for $562+ tax = $603
ebay com/itm/Alltrax-XCT-48500-IQ-500-Amp-Motor-Controller-For-Club-Car-IQ-Golf-Cars/271994127764

Maybe this for the cables but not sure if they are the right lengths.
1ga cables off ebay for $118
ebay com/itm/1-Awg-HD-Golf-Cart-Battery-Cable-13-pc-Set-E-Z-GO-TXT-GOLF-CARTS-U-S-A-MADE/301870778106

and i cant confidently even find a 400amp solenoid/diode. I feel like everytime i find one, it doesnt tell me the amps its rated for.

Can anybody please help me? Thanks so much!
Fireball9298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-20-2020, 08:39 PM   #2
Bobbob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default New cables and solenoid, where?

Try these two sponsors they have every thing you need and stand behind their product’s. I have purchased items from both of them many times. They will answer any questions you may have and make recommendations on what you need.

Golf carts
Scottyb
https://www.cartsunlimited.net

TahoeDawgZ71
https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bobbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 08:39 PM   #3
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: New cables and solenoid, where?

Look at sponsors at top of page, we have the best you can get on this site, best prices and service.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 10:33 PM   #4
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Definitely one of the sponsors. cartsunlimited.net or revolution golf cars.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 11:10 PM   #5
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

1ga cable is a waste of money IMO. Personally I don’t think you gain anything even with 2ga, but that depends what you want to run for motor and tires.

Check with our site sponsors because you will get better prices than that, and better Service, and Tech support for when you have questions about set up. Both of the ones mentioned above can get you the all the controllers, solenoids, and cable sets you need and will make sure you get the Correct parts for Your cart.
Also if you’re using an alltrax controller it has to have a field map loaded for the motor you are using. Very important to have the correct field map, otherwise the motor will fry. Those guys will make sure you have the correct map and it will be loaded on the controller before it gets shipped to you.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 11:16 PM   #6
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
1ga cable is a waste of money IMO. Personally I don’t think you gain anything even with 2ga, but that depends what you want to run for motor and tires.

I agree with this, and I seldom do larger than 4 AWG cables for anything.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 06:38 AM   #7
Fireball9298
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbob View Post
Try these two sponsors they have every thing you need and stand behind their product’s. I have purchased items from both of them many times. They will answer any questions you may have and make recommendations on what you need.

Golf carts
Scottyb
]htartsunlimited net

TahoeDawgZ71
httpsevolutiongolfcars co

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post

Check with our site sponsors because you will get better prices than that, and better Service, and Tech support for when you have questions about set up. Both of the ones mentioned above can get you the all the controllers, solenoids, and cable sets you need and will make sure you get the Correct parts for Your cart.
Also if you’re using an alltrax controller it has to have a field map loaded for the motor you are using. Very important to have the correct field map, otherwise the motor will fry. Those guys will make sure you have the correct map and it will be loaded on the controller before it gets shipped to you.

You guys are all awesome! I looked at just the first link and filled up my cart with more than I even realized i needed and still hundreds cheaper than what I could find... AND i know all be getting the right stuff after reading through. I'm still a little confused on some things so I've shot an email to Scotty B for clarification. Thanks guys!

and yes, i have a PH Bandit motor on there right now and will be upgrading to an Executioner when i eventually get more funds. I know to mention it to them so they can program it right. I bought the cart refurb'd from a small company that I think hasnt been doing it all that long. They told me i was going to get 29-31mph just by upgrading my stock motor to the bandit, i was extremely skeptical based on all the research i had done online.....needless to say I only got like 22-23mph with a 22" tire. So i talk to the motor company direct and turns out they gave me **** batteries AND i need all the stuff im asking about to achieve these speeds.....as im sure you guys already all know.
Fireball9298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car