lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-02-2020, 08:38 PM   #1
sleeplesstwo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Taylor Dunn Hot Motor

I recently got what I thing was a very good deal on a Taylor Dunn B 2-48 Burden carrier for $400. This thing is a tank but is in overall pretty good condition. It is the 36 volt model with a Sevcon controller. I purchased it non running, but was assured by the previous owner that the only thing wrong with it was the accelerator pedal switch/pot, that was actually already removed and missing. The windshield was also broken. I replaced the accelerator switch, installed some good batteries, and it was moving again.

This machine had been sitting for quite a long time, and when I first drive it I noticed some arcing out of the motor. I pulled the brushes out and freed them up. The brakes were squealing when I drove it and it felt like something was dragging. I have since replaced the brake pads and freed up the parking brake. The brakes now feel smooth, and parking brake releases as it should.

My problem is that that after driving it around for a while, and not long, the motor is getting hot. And I mean smelling and can't touch it hot. I am not familiar with this kind of unit with a gear box and how much they will freewheel like a standard golf cart, but this one slows down pretty quick when you let off. Is this normal or should I look for a problem with the motor or gear box.

I would also like to convert it from 36 volt to 48 volt. Other than the obvious charger replacement, what else would I need to swap out or get reprogrammed.
sleeplesstwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-02-2020, 08:41 PM   #2
sleeplesstwo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Taylor Dunn Hot Motor

Pics

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
sleeplesstwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts