lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-08-2021, 01:50 AM   #61
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: 87 Club Car DS modernization project

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCLR8N View Post
I installed the Spartan body and LED street legal light kit. New problem, my tires are hitting the headlights.
Any way to move that headlight/bucket forward a little bit? Looks like it wouldn't take much. Cart looks great the way it is.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-08-2021, 12:33 PM   #62
ACCLR8N
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Any way to move that headlight/bucket forward a little bit? Looks like it wouldn't take much. Cart looks great the way it is.
Not without trying to 3D print a new bucket. It is flush to the body and the light itself is mounted in these blended sweeping curves. Very organic. The light really needs to move up as the tire sweeps underneath it while turning.

Thanks for the compliment. Not happy about lifting it, but just ordered a 3" before logging on here.
ACCLR8N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 03:34 PM   #63
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCLR8N View Post
Not without trying to 3D print a new bucket. It is flush to the body and the light itself is mounted in these blended sweeping curves. Very organic. The light really needs to move up as the tire sweeps underneath it while turning.

Thanks for the compliment. Not happy about lifting it, but just ordered a 3" before logging on here.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 06:12 PM   #64
ACCLR8N
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Final wiring

12V reducer, fuse panel, LED light kit, charger are all installed now.

Today was my first below freezing charge on the Lithium batteries as well as using the onboard charging arrangement. Warmed up the cart until BMS said 4.7° C. Nothing exploded.

No instructions with the body kit and wiring. Had to wing it with the brake light switch. Any guesses what the mystery box is below the fuse box? It came pre-installed on the lighting harness.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20210110_103403298[1].jpg (207.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20210110_103522675[1].jpg (110.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20210110_103415166[1].jpg (184.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20210103_142024342[1].jpg (109.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-10-2021, 06:44 PM   #65
ACCLR8N
Getting Wild

Club Car

I haven't shown off my fabulous dash and steering wheel yet.

Those LED headlights on the Spartan kit are great. They light up my whole 300' driveway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20210110_183740173[1].jpg (225.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-07-2021, 12:10 PM   #66
ACCLR8N
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Ruined

I installed my RHOX 3" lift kit and cured all my rubbing issues. I drove the cart over a snow bank and into a ditch without issue. The spindle lift not only increased the height by a least 3", it also increased the wheel base and track width. All good.

I am not happy with the new look. The wife likes it. I would prefer some bigger tires at this point. What I have is brand new, so the 20" tires are staying.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3_lift.jpg (410.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-07-2021, 12:24 PM   #67
ACCLR8N
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Winter performance and charging

The cart has been disappointing over the winter. Range and power greatly reduced. It is only good for a handful of mailbox runs before needing a recharge. Voltage drops of 0.25V a day is the norm. Once down to 53V, it starts losing an entire 1V. Forgot to keep an eye on it once and it went down to 38V just sitting for 2 or 3 days.

Putting an electric heater under the battery bank and then charging in well below freezing was always a nervous affair. My procedure was to get the BMS reporting 5-6°C and then let it sit for half an hour (heater off) to stabilize before plugging the charger in (at least 4°C). Charging, the BMS reported temperatures climbing to 9-12°.

One wheel drive had me going out to give the wife a push more than once. 2" of snow is a problem for it.
Old 03-07-2021, 12:44 PM   #68
ACCLR8N
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Admiral MOT-A1

A local Facebook cart owner was complaining about the lack of speed from his brand new MOT-A1 motor mid winter. I tried unsuccessfully to convince him to wait until it warmed up before buying a purple motor. End result was I purchased his 1 month old Admiral motor off of him though I didn't "need" it.

That motor put a grin on my face. First time I touched the pedal, the cart leaped forward on me. I dialed the throttle curve back in my Alltrax from 17.5% down to 8% to protect the ancient rear axle. If you stomp the pedal now it will still give the tires a little spin. Wheelies seemed entirely plausible at the previous setting. I have yet to try a top speed run. I am hoping this motor is more efficient at lower speeds as it requires less throttle input at our normal cruising rate. It is getting warmer here in Michigan. Hard to tell if the increased range is the motor or just the rising temperatures.

It is going to be a good spring!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Admiral_MOT-A1.jpg (162.8 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car