lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-09-2021, 12:15 PM   #1
btjasek
Not Yet Wild

Default 2001 EZGO TXT no forward only reverse

I have a 2001 EZGO TXT and the forward is not working but reverse works.

I've checked the battery volts single and as a series and all good.
I've replaced the F/R switch with new and checked all wires/connections.
I've swapped cables at 9 and 3 o clock and still only reverse works.
I've done scottyb diagnostics (dated 07/19/2019) and all is good.

The forward stopped working as my son and I was driving up a muddy hill and was spinning the tires and all sudden I heard a pop (couldn't identify where it came from) and it died. When I got it back to barn I found the 3 oclock cable terminal was so corroded that is broke off the F/R switch and might have shorted out on the F/R switch. I went ahead and replaced the F/R switch and put new terminals rings on all cables.

So please let me know what else i need to check it get the forward gear running.

Thanks
Brandon
btjasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-09-2021, 01:14 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2001 EZGO TXT no forward only reverse

If a series drive cart only runs in one direction, the problem is is the F/R switch assemble. either the high amp contacts are not making contact in both directions or the contacts in microswitch MS-2 are not closing so controller isn't turning on.

If the solenoid clicks in both direction when pedal is pushed, the high amp contacts are not making contact in the direction the cart won't run.

The mounting holes are oblong, so there is so side to side adjustment to get cam to rotate into the mechanical stops in both directions.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 01:53 PM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Jb, he mentioned switching cables at 3 and 9 and it still only goes one direction.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 04:38 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Jb, he mentioned switching cables at 3 and 9 and it still only goes one direction.
If so, the switch must be miswired, but I cannot come up with a wiring pattern that will produce that results.

So I guess the question is, where are the other end of the cables at the 3 and 9 o'clock position connected. (Typically connected to S1 & S2 on motor)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - Series.JPG (55.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-12-2021, 07:55 PM   #5
btjasek
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for your response but I think I figured it out.

My uncle suggested I test the batteries under load and sure enough all six were 5.8volts when I pressed the accelerator. So I jacked the rear up to get the wheels off the ground and the wheels moved slowly in forward. Lesson learned to test the batteries under load not at rest.

So I have to get new batteries. Any suggestions on best battery thats not $200 a piece? I have Interstate batteries right now from Costco. Sams club has a duracell battery for $90/battery.

Thanks
btjasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 11:29 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Check the AH at the 20Hr rate and get the highest AH rating at the lowest price. Standard AH for 6V batteries used in a 36V battery pack is 225AH.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO