lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2021, 04:08 PM   #1
Braswell_J
Not Yet Wild

Default 05 Precedent IQ, 48V

Pack Volt.: 51.4V
Curtis 1510 controller, 16-pin
Cables clean and tight.
Cart has intermittent run issues. Sometimes the solenoid will click and the cart will run, other times not.
I've tested Pin 2 on the controller w/ key off and had a range of .3V(pedal up) and 4.5V(pedal down).
The info I have states that this Pin should have a range of 0-5V. Does this prove a bad MCOR? If not, what is the correct way to test the MCOR on this cart?
Braswell_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2021, 01:10 PM   #2
R&TBabich
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 05 Precedent IQ, 48V

[QUOTE=Braswell_J;1828153] .... Does this prove a bad MCOR? .... /QUOTE]

The variable resistor part of the MCOR won't stop the solenoid from latching.
There is an ON/OFF switch (Foot Pedal depressed) in the MCOR that needs to provide an input to the controller before the solenoid is latched along with a few other inputs.
i would check all the inputs for a bad switch/connection/wire to find out why the solenoid is not always getting latched.

Inputs needed by an IQ controller with 16 pin connector for it to latch the solenoid by grounding Pin #12 - Blue/White - Solenoid GND.
Inputs are B+ :
Pin #5 - Light Blue - Charge Interlock (OBC) - (not charging = B+)
Pin #6 - Green - Foot switch (MCOR) - pedal down
Pin # 9 - Gray - Tow/Run switch - Run
Pin #10 - Tan - Key switch - On
Pin #16 - Blue - Forward/Reverse switch - Reverse
or
Pin #8 - Brown - Forward/Reverse switch – Forward
R&TBabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 08:11 PM   #3
ForBruce
Mr. Helper

Club Car

when the cart is dead ; (charger not connected) immediately check pin 5 at the motor controller for 48+ volts (light blue )

if you don't get 48+ then your on board computer (OBC) had gone bad.
if you do get then you need to check other things.

mine was intermittent for a long time and first i thought it was a micor problem.

but then it died completely and was easy to find.

if no voltage you could take a jumper from the plus of the battery pack to the controller (pin 5 ight blue) and just gently hit the gas while in reverse so the cart moves slower and less jump

if it turns out to be a bad controller you might want to take my approach
(mine is a 2005 precedent)

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=173863
ForBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 12:32 PM   #4
R&TBabich
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForBruce View Post
when the cart is dead ; (charger not connected) immediately check pin 5 at the motor controller for 48+ volts (light blue )

if you don't get 48+ then your on board computer (OBC) had gone bad.
if you do get then you need to check other things. ....
If the "cart is dead" or in this case the solenoid is not always latching the problem may be any one of 5 inputs needed by the controller to satisfy the "time to latch the solenoid" logic.
If the OBC - Charger not connected input is missing the problem may not be the OBC.
The +48v input to the OBC may be bad so it may not be able to supply +48v to the controller.
The OBC gets +48v from a Red wire spliced to the Pink between the Tow/Run switch and the solenoid.
The OBC also gets +48v from the White wire spliced to the Light Green from the Tow/Run switch.
Not sure which of those is the one the OBC routes to the controller as I removed my OBC and didn't investigate further.
If the Tow/Run switch or wiring/splices/connectins to the OBC are bad it could make it look like the OBC is bad.
R&TBabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 01:24 PM   #5
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braswell_J View Post
Pack Volt.: 51.4V
Curtis 1510 controller, 16-pin
Cables clean and tight.
Cart has intermittent run issues. Sometimes the solenoid will click and the cart will run, other times not.
I've tested Pin 2 on the controller w/ key off and had a range of .3V(pedal up) and 4.5V(pedal down).
The info I have states that this Pin should have a range of 0-5V. Does this prove a bad MCOR? If not, what is the correct way to test the MCOR on this cart?
A quick test is to leave KS off, pump pedal 10-15 times fast. Then KS on and try to run it. If smooth running after this test, replace MCOR with Club Car part from David at Revolution Golf Cars, not Chinese crap from Amazon.

You can check to see if Foot Switch is working with KS off, in tow, pull 16 pin connector, check continuity from Pin 6 to light blue at solenoid. Press pedal to check continuity.

I have also seen the magnet on the ADC motor broken into many pieces but all pieces still clinging to the mounting bolt causing intermittent or no running. Even the push test for speed sensor/magnet can get fooled, if magnet is shattered. Don't know why this happens but seen it 4-5 times.

In case you don't have wiring diagram, see attached.

That's my 2 or 3 cents worth.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2006 Precedent - Electrical Wiring.pdf (6.84 MB, 0 views)
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car