lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2021, 08:20 PM   #1
Spurgehud
Not Yet Wild

Default 2008 Yamaha ydra clicks but won’t move

I have a 2008 Yamaha Ydre 48 volt golf cart the solenoid clicks but won’t go. Batteries read 52 volts after charge and cool down. I assumed stop switch, key switch and forward/reverse switch are good because solenoid clicks but did resistance check/voltage check on these and they check good. Solenoid gets voltage as it should and clicks and ohms at .1.Had a new motor,controller, and speed sensor installed in 2020. How do I check the throttle sensor and should I have voltage on the 3rd( grey wire) on the charger port when the charger is unhooked? I have full battery voltage on positive and negative in charger port but nothing on 3 wire.
Spurgehud is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2021, 06:09 AM   #2
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2008 Yamaha ydra clicks but won’t move

Check your motor for loose connections. You may have a burned post.
Do you have voltage on both big terminals of the solenoid when the solenoid is activated?

The grey wire does not have voltage on it. It is a charger sensing lead. On some cars this is used to disable the car while charging.
rstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 06:06 PM   #3
Spurgehud
Not Yet Wild

The reason I asked about the third/ grey wire on the charger port is because my other Yamaha cart has 4.7 volts on it with out charger plugged up and this on has zero. I found a loose terminal on the run/tow switch so I replaced it. The motor leads are tight. The solenoid has battery voltage on both big terminals when accelerator pedal is pushed and it does click. It moves forward/ reverse randomly now but when it does you have to push pedal a couple times sometimes farther down than you should have to and it takes off fast. The only time the solenoid clicks is when you push accelerator not when you flip run/tow or fwd/rev switch.
Old 07-10-2021, 05:29 AM   #4
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Solenoid clicking only when accelerator ist pushed, same as mine. Should be normal. The other thing sounds like failing brushes, but there is a new motor installed you said?
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 07:38 AM   #5
Spurgehud
Not Yet Wild

Yes new motor installed last year as well as a navitis controller. My other cart clicks when you cycle run/tow the key switch and accelerator pedal but it has a stock controller. Im wondering if it could be throttle position sensor on pedal?
Thanks
Old 07-10-2021, 08:33 AM   #6
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My ydre wouldn't run at all, finally i've found a bad connection at TPS Sensor (short) and a bad speed sensor. With the Alltrax controller it was easy to locate (realtime monitoring), i don't know with a Navitas...but every fault is different.
Old 07-10-2021, 04:20 PM   #7
Spurgehud
Not Yet Wild

I’ll check into what Navitis has for diagnostics.
Thanks
Old 07-10-2021, 04:57 PM   #8
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

On Navitas TAC 1 /TAC 2 flashing fault code 1 - 1 is a throttle fault...!

Tags
charger port, throttle
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha