lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2021, 12:05 AM   #1
CarmeloLabadie
Not Yet Wild

Default EZ GO TXT Diamond in the Rough

Purchased a used 2006 EZ GO TXT...only because it was well built. Underneath has an amazingly strong All Sport suspension/lift kit and tires. Will use it in winter for hunting and sunmer camping. The top, back seat are new. The body great shape and already had accessories installed. When picking it up test drive was fine and has the “chip” it does 21mph. Now the gremlins start, radio is crackling, headlights dim and it gets slow then creeps and stops. I start picking the wiring apart. Familar with DC voltage (telcom repair 25 years) but not all the parts of a cart. First off all accessories were off the end set of batteries so pack voltage. There was a 12v relay under the dash...NO REDUCER !!!! Also no inline fuses or reed switch. Went online researched and decided to start over, why not right...the body, tires, lift and motor I know are good. Took it down to just batteries and a key. Rewired all accessories to new reducer and fuse box. Rewired the charger port, all corroded. New lights (old ones were silicone glued into housings..ugh)..Radio and speakers are not marine. New Volt meter, directional and key switch. Added the under glow the wife wanted. Now all accessories are perfect. Checked the 36v pack after sitting after 2 weeks of wiring, voltage is 35.8...It holds a charge nicely. Solenoid stopped clicking, so that is replaced. Now after a full charge 38v, It takes off around campground, but a short time later it slows, then it stops and won’t move but still has 35v on voltmeter. Push on pedal, in dash voltmeter says 25-27 volts let off it jumps back up to 35v. It still won’t go forward or reverse. The reverse tone is on, but nothing... let it sit for a while it might giddy up but then slows and stops. When working the ITC gives variable speeds. Solenoid clicks. Volt meter in dash reads 34v and that matches my meter. Reducer works fine verify 12 v at fuse terminals. Been reading about speed sensors and did the push test, the cart beeps and gives slight resistance but 1 person can still push it. So I am the most skeptical person, even though the date on the batteries is 3/21...could they have not been properly stored and damaged since then...so not holding a charge?? The water in batteries is the correct level. Can’t be that simple right...I have tried to get the testing procedures for checking speed sensors and will do that. Any other suggestions? Sorry so long, but wanted to inform of complete background.
CarmeloLabadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2021, 05:01 AM   #2
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: EZ GO TXT Diamond in the Rough

Good definition of your trouble.. might put it in the ezgo electric section, this is ezgo gas.. good luck.

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO