lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2021, 07:57 AM   #1
langnolen
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 2013 ydre brake problem?

https://youtube.com/shorts/A1sMB_LZb88?feature=share

Buddy has a 2013 g29 and it’s making a grinding noise from rear end. I think brakes are failing but just wanted to see if I could get a second opinion. He’s recently had bearings replaced, new motor, changed transaxle fluid with flush, and noise still there. Grommet also replaced with new motor. The breaks seem weak to me which makes me thinking grinding is the actual wet brakes. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks for everything as Bgw has helped me pain, left, lithium, and many other projects on my own ‘14 G29. Told him I would post bc BGW has never let me down yet, he’s thinking he needs to get rid out of but with all the money he just put into it I feel it can be saved;). Thanks again
langnolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2021, 08:15 AM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2013 ydre brake problem?

Is the "grinding" only when braking? These brakes usually don't do that. Condition of the fluid should have been examined. I have serviced these brakes in my 2009 G29 and it's a fairly major project. It requires removal and disassembly of the transaxle. I did it myself but I'm sure that a dealer will charge quite a bit for the labor and parts.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 09:35 AM   #3
langnolen
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Yes only when braking, no squealing or anything else, but like I said the brakes seem weak and have to press hard and long to get it to stop compared to mine which if you push brake starts stopping immediately. Fluid was changed twice, last two months ago and no shavings, teeth, etc were seen. When you say condition anything else he should have looked for? Apparently the fluid looks dark pretty quickly after driving per everyone I’ve spoken to and what I’ve read. I have looked up the brakes and dropping transaxle, doesn’t seem overly difficult, just time consuming, but if there’s something I’m missing please let me know. I have read about everything and this is the last thing I can think that could be causing this. Thanks
Old 07-14-2021, 10:13 AM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Removing the Transaxle and disassembly isn't too difficult if you have the tools to do it. You can buy a brake replacement kit for a bit over $200 from Golf Cart Garage. It comes with all you need to replace the wet brake wear parts. You need a press to remove one of the components from the shaft. (you could take it to a garage that has a press) The case is sealed with RTV so you have to clean the surfaces well when reassembling. Somewhere in this forum there is a copy of the few pages of the Shop Manual that detail how to disassemble / reassemble the transaxle.
Old 07-14-2021, 10:52 AM   #5
langnolen
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Awesome thanks for info
Old 07-14-2021, 11:15 AM   #6
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I also saw somewhere a Youtube video showing the transaxle disassembly.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha