lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2021, 02:19 PM   #1
Bubba1974
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default 1998 42V Western intermittent electrical problem

I have a 98 Western (EZ Go) with a problem I have not been able to troubleshoot. It will occasionally not move under its own power. Here is a description: will not fail when under power. It will go 18 holes no problem and fail when I come out of the clubhouse after lunch.... walk back to the house to get the neighbor to tow me home and it will work just fine for several more days. It has done this to me when it has a full charge and a partial charge. There is NO click from the solenoid when this happens. Walk away for a while and will work fine again. I have replaced the solenoid and the forward/reverse lever. new batteries and battery cables with no change. Not sure what else I can say. Any suggestions would be appreciated. NOTE: I have not been able to test across the solenoid because by the time I get it jacked up and the voltmeter out it decides to work again.
Thank you in advance.
Bubba1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2021, 02:48 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 1998 42V Western intermittent electrical problem

As you are finding out, intermittent problems are hard to troubleshoot. About the only thing you have not replaced is the controller. (have you verified that the ignition switch is good?)
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 07:15 AM   #3
Doubles Shooter
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm going to follow this thread. My 2013 TXT48 is doing the same things. Driving me nuts. I hate electrical trouble shooting.
Doubles Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 10:28 AM   #4
Bubba1974
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

I have not verified the ignition switch. However, I have operated the ignition switch, the fwd/rev switch, reached up behind the ignition switch and wiggled wires, with the throttle down I've pushed the cart, I've moved it around by hand.... go have a beer and scratch my head, bam, works again. I'm beginning to think that I have a small wire issue, maybe something from the ignition switch grounding on the chassis somewhere???
Bubba1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO