lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-26-2021, 07:36 AM   #1
lottathought
Not Yet Wild

Default Need assist to confirm year of Club Car

It is time to show just how new that I am to the golf cart community.

So I have picked up a "Fixer Upper" Club Car. It is rough but it seems to be mostly there and not torn up too bad.

The back story is that my family has been showing a lot of interest in having a Golf Cart at the Beach.
Spending 10K was not really in the budget...and this seemed like a good father/son project over the winter.
It will either be a spectacular failure..or we will fix it up nice.
Either way, I am thinking we will have some fun.
The one thing that I have going for me is that I have been working on cars most of my life. Occasionally I even fixed a few.

I thought that I was going to get an EZGO...but opted for this Club Car at the last minute due to the aluminum chassis and knowing it will live at the beach.

Anyways....the first step in fixing this cart will be knowing exactly what year and model that it is.
I believe that it is a DS.
I do have the serial...and have done several searches...but my serial seems shorter than any explanation that I can find.

My serial is A8106-18670.
Does 81 mean that it is an 81? In every case that I have seen, the date started on the 3rd digit..but those Serial numbers always had more digits.

And can anybody confirm if the motor is a 36v? Or, if this is an 81, did this pre-date the 36v/48v carts? The cart did not have any batteries so it is hard to tell. I am likely going to do the Solid State upgrade....but it would be nice to know what I am starting with.

Thanks in advance.
lottathought is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-26-2021, 07:51 AM   #2
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Need assist to confirm year of Club Car

You are correct sir I have a 1980 Club Cart on my lot...confirmed it starts with A8040, so you have an 81...pretty sure they only came in 36v back then...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 08:12 AM   #3
lottathought
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroluvz28 View Post
You are correct sir I have a 1980 Club Cart on my lot...confirmed it starts with A8040, so you have an 81...pretty sure they only came in 36v back then...
Many Thanks. So would you happen to know if I can just convert over to a Solid State 48v setup on this motor? What I have read seems to indicate that I can...but I do not want to miss something and start blowing things up.
lottathought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 08:18 AM   #4
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I'll be honest your best bet is going to the top of this page and clicking on site sponsors, then go down to Carts Unlimited and click link...ScottyB sells full conversion kits on there and can point you in the right direction.
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car