lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-08-2022, 09:44 AM   #1
56servi
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Battery light input voltage?

1999 48 volt DS
The battery light in my cart was not working when I bought it. The light in the dash had the wires cut flush with the housing in back. I would like to solder 2 wires back on and see if it is working. What is the voltage going to the light so I can bench test it to see if it still works. I have a 48 volt digital meter to see the actual pack voltage but would like the light as an idiot indicator. Don’t plan on spending $20 on a new one.
56servi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-08-2022, 10:29 AM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Battery light input voltage?

You may be misunderstanding that light. It's an indicator for a charging fault. It is supposed to only light up when the OBC senses a fault. It's not actually a "low battery" indicator.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 10:58 AM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Battery light input voltage?

Yeah, agreed above. It doesn’t do much. I probably have a couple you can have if yours is no good. I take them out and replace with a $10 voltage gauge. I’d much rather know what is really going on 100% of the time, than just have a light flicker and flash once in a while.

And they are 48v. They get 48v+ all the time, jumpers off of the key switch. The OBC will occasionally output the 48v(-) when it wants the light to turn on.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car