lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-11-2022, 10:52 PM   #11
cartdoc1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: No voltage at brake plug, rxv cart won’t move

I would look over the troubleshooting guide USGI posted. First thing I would check is for the 5VDC from the controller.
cartdoc1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-17-2022, 06:09 PM   #12
HvacCommander
Not Yet Wild

Ideas on where I should start checking in this manual? I don’t have a ton of time to devote to learning this thing up one side and down the other. Maybe just a general order of things to check. Where would I check 5vdc from controller first? And at what position should the switches be in when I check.
HvacCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 07:07 PM   #13
cartdoc1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

If you have a set of piercing probes for your meter you can check at the main controller plug. Pins 3 and 4 are the 5VDC for the sensors. The next easiest place would be the bearing encoder connector at the motor, it's the 4 pin connector on the motor. Use the orange and black wires, you can check with it unplugged. That plug only has 5VDC so there's no risk of shorting it to the 48V side. Key switch can be in any position, same with run/tow. As long as the controller has 48V feeding it the 5V side should be there.

Does your cart have the original parking brake with the lever attached ?
Old 02-18-2022, 01:47 PM   #14
HvacCommander
Not Yet Wild

I’ve never seen a parking brake lever, I bought it used so could’ve been removed?
I need to get a set of piercing probes asap, been meaning to anyway for work.
Old 02-18-2022, 04:50 PM   #15
HvacCommander
Not Yet Wild

I have zero volts dc at motor plug on orange and black.
Old 02-18-2022, 10:04 PM   #16
cartdoc1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

A few possibilities I can think of.

First and worst case is the controller has failed. There's two ways to know that for sure. Have someone with the handheld reader to check the controller for error codes and test it. Other way is to test the harness and all components to rule everything else out.

Second possibility and more likely. A failed sonic weld in the wiring harness. The piercing probes would help find that out. The 5 volts for the sensors leaves the controller on the orange wire on pin 3. That wire splits and four wires come off it at the sonic weld. Those connection points can fail, especially on the older harnesses. Best way to access it is to remove the front batteries and open up the loom protecting the wires. You'll see the red wire one, the orange one and a black one. Remove the tape and inspect them. If they are corroded or look bad just cut them out, solder the wires together and use heat shrink to cover the new connection.

Last possibility is one of the sensors is bad and is pulling the 5 volts down. Best way to test that is to disconnect the brake and accelerator pedal sensors, the motor encoder, the SOC meter if it has one and the resistor control module. Check the voltage again on pins 3 & 4 on the controller. If you now have 5VDC then it's one of the items disconnected that's bad and puling the voltage down.
Old 03-03-2022, 06:33 PM   #17
HvacCommander
Not Yet Wild

I unplugged all the connectors I could and I still don’t have 5vdc on orange and black at controller plug. Does this mean it’s the controller? If so, what am I looking at price wise for a danaher controller or a conversion?
Old 03-03-2022, 07:37 PM   #18
cartdoc1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

It does sound like the controller failed. The Danaher hasn't been available for a few years and I would avoid the repair services. I just replaced one that was shorted out with a 600A Navitas. I paid $ 835 for the kit with the on the fly module. Like everything else right now the prices are higher. It is an easy change, took maybe 1 hour.
Old 03-04-2022, 05:57 AM   #19
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The 600amp Navitas is still available for 830$, just checked the seller of mine... if you won't
need the included OTF, it will save 120$.
And it's the new style kit, direct fit w/o any adapter needed!
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 07:42 PM   #20
HvacCommander
Not Yet Wild

Looks like I’m taking back to where I bought it so they can hook it to their handheld. I fear it’s the controller myself, not planning to spend almost 1000$ to fix it either. May not have a choice. Hopefully that’s just worst case and I’m not checking something right or missed a step🤞🏻.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO