lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-08-2022, 03:17 PM   #1
joeyd295
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default ezgo st sport 2

Hi all - I'm new to this forum and hoping someone can help me with a problem I have with my gas 2010 Ezgo ST Sport 2. The problem is when I put the cart in reverse it does not go backward and I can hear a clicking noise coming out of the transaxle. Sometimes it engages and goes backward but mostly it doesn't engage. Goes forward OK. I tried readjusting the F/R cable to move the shifter lever on the transaxle more towards the reverse position, then it goes into reverse OK but not forward. Also if I put the shifter in reverse and put some pressure on the lever on the transaxle, and rock the cart a little bit it engages something inside the transaxle and then it's in reverse. I haven't found any parts lists or service info for the transaxle, it must be made by somebody like Dana. Any advice on this problem or where I might find info on the transaxle in the cart? Thanks in advance for any help.
joeyd295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-08-2022, 06:56 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: ezgo st sport 2

Sounds like the cables might be out of adjustment or stretched. If it will go into both F and R by playing with the cable, then it has to be the cable that is the culprit.

What kind of info are you looking for? Adjustment procedure? Is that an ME29 transaxle (on tag)?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 07:39 PM   #3
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Here is the way you do a TXT from the manual.

Should be the same on yours.

Make sure your drive belt is not too short first. Some people put shorter ones on to increase take off but it causes them to be harder to shift.

These later model carts with only one cable are much better than the older twin cable shifter style and require very little maintenance .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg adjust shift cable ezgo.jpg (165.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Shift cable 2010.jpg (184.1 KB, 0 views)
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 09:00 PM   #4
joeyd295
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

OK I'll readjust the cable again but as I said before, if I adjust the cable so pushes harder into reverse, then it doesn't have enough travel to engage in forward. I think something internal to the transaxle that is preventing the shifter from going easily into reverse. That's why I was trying to find a exploded view of the transaxle to see if there could be something inside there causing that. I haven't found any identification on the housing but I'll look again in the morning.
Old 02-11-2022, 08:30 AM   #5
joeyd295
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

OK I think I've found the solution to the shifter problem I was experiencing so I'll post it here in case anyone else runs into the problem I had. Turns out the bolt that clamps the shifter arm on the transaxle was not tight enough and the arm was a little loose on the shifter shaft. Once I tightened that clamp bolt up, the shifter worked in forward and reverse. It was difficult to see because the shifter arm is in the back of the transaxle.
Old 02-11-2022, 08:34 AM   #6
joeyd295
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

By the way, the transaxle I have is a Fuji and I found the shop manual online. If any needs it I can post a link.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO