lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2022, 09:32 PM   #1
sledparts
Not Yet Wild

Default 2006 TXT 36v barely moves in both fwd and rev - good voltage

Cart ran great, stopped for second and then went to take off and it's crawling very slow in fwd or reverse. It has 38+/-v sitting then about 35 under full load. One thing I found is if I turn the key off while rolling it no longer auto stops the cart (it just rolls). I'm new to electric carts, worked on gas carts for 20 years. Only things I've had to replace on this cart have been the solenoid and fwd/rev switch over the years.

It's probably an unrelated issue but the cart does make a slight cackle sound when first taking off. I don't believe it's the rear bearings I think it's in the electric motor. Never effected anything so didn't mess with it, I assume it was from years of pretty heavy service.

Any ideas appreciated. Thanks!
sledparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2022, 10:04 PM   #2
sledparts
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2006 TXT 36v barely moves in both fwd and rev - good voltage

It has been very wet here, so far no visible water damage
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220425_225711.jpg (186.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20220425_225709.jpg (200.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20220425_230253.jpg (201.4 KB, 0 views)
sledparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 05:22 AM   #3
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2006 TXT 36v barely moves in both fwd and rev - good voltage

First thing I would do is clean all your cable connections. Then I would trace the voltage path from the pack checking voltages. Look in the stickies to see how to test your motor.

This might not have anything to do with your problem , but I would adjust your ITS while you have it open. It looks like the gap is too wide in the second picture. Look at this link for adjustment. https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=183201
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO