lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2022, 10:56 PM   #11
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Default Re: Weird jerk on club car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmysulejmani View Post
So after about 25 minutes of driving I stopped after it had a single jerk, and the voltage output was 48.4 one battery was reading 7.4 volts. Nothing was heated up tho
I'm thinking that the 48.4 volts was not a stabilized voltage after your 25 minute drive. It would be interesting to see what the stabilized voltage would be after 10 or 15 minutes of rest ... or longer if you had the time.

That being said, the 7.4 volts battery sounds like a weak one. The other 5 batteries would have been 41.0 volts total ... or an average of 8.2 volts.

I agree with Tom47 that your batteries may be starting to show signs of old age.

What is your stabilized battery pack voltage 12 - 24 hours after a full charge? If it is less than 100% state of charge (see attached chart), that is another sign of batteries on the way out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Carts Unlimited State of Charge Chart.JPG (71.0 KB, 0 views)
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2022, 11:31 PM   #12
Timmysulejmani
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
Your pack is essentially dead at 48 volts. That one battery at 7.4 volts is completely dead, and is probably dragging the pack voltage down.

But even if that one wasn't that low, your pack would still be under 50% SOC. That is at the redline for cart failure.

It sounds like new batteries are needed. Do you know the date code on the batteries? Look for a stamp on one of the battery terminals. It will be a letter and single digit number.

If the number is a 6, that indicates 2016 batteries. They will be toast at 6 years old.
I think your spot on. Today I got to 43 minutes before a jerk on a full charge. No battery was under 8v but the total voltage went from almost 52 to 49 after that ride. Might be time for some new batteries and I think I'm gonna put my old mcore back in cause that may not have been the problem. I'd rather have a original from Mexico than a China one
Timmysulejmani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 08:24 AM   #13
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmysulejmani View Post
I think your spot on. Today I got to 43 minutes before a jerk on a full charge. No battery was under 8v but the total voltage went from almost 52 to 49 after that ride. Might be time for some new batteries and I think I'm gonna put my old mcore back in cause that may not have been the problem. I'd rather have a original from Mexico than a China one
If I were you, I'd leave the China one in place and save the Mexico one as a backup. My China one is doing fine, a whole lot better than the three Mexico ones I had. See this thread:

https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=175721

I believe either can have good ones and bad ones. But at 1/3 the price, I'll continue to buy China ones from now on.

Good luck with your choice of LA or lithium batteries. It all depends on how much you are willing and able to spend.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car