lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-27-2022, 12:14 PM   #1
georgia088
Gone Wild

Default club car alltrax dcx 3 red flashes error code

Hello all and thanks in advance for any help. I have a club car ds. It has a dcx controller made by alltrax. It has worked fine for several years. It will not move. On power up, the controller gives me 3 red flashes. It continues to give 3 red flashes.

I looked it up and it is a high pedal disable alarm. The manual says "Throttle hasn't gone to zero during this power on cycle".

It gives me these as possible fixes:

• Remove foot from throttle on power up
• Throttle out of range, replace throttle or recalibrate
throttle for 0 output.
• Disable HPD switch in ControllerPro

I changed to a new throttle box. I still get the same error. If I unplug the connectors from the throttle box, and power up the cart, the controller goes to solid green as it should. If I then, plug the connectors back in to the throttle box, The light stays green and if I press the pedal the cart starts to move for just a second and then quits. I do not hear the solenoid click when I do this as I should.

Can anyone guide me on how to troubleshoot from here?

I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!
georgia088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-27-2022, 03:26 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: club car alltrax dcx 3 red flashes error code

I would hook up a laptop to the Alltrax and see what is going on with the throttle. The monitor program is great - tells you what all of the inputs are doing.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 06:16 PM   #3
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

I second the suggestion to hook up a computer and see what inputs you have going on. Look at what % throttle input the controller is seeing. Look at the foot switch input - does it show the foot switch "on" all the time, when you step on the pedal, or not at all?
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 06:34 PM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

From my experience with two Alltrax equipped carts, the software monitor will tell you what's causing your issues. There are safety systems that prevent the controller from going full on because of a faulty pedal control. The state of every input to the controller is shown in the monitor real time.
Old 07-28-2022, 08:22 AM   #5
georgia088
Gone Wild

Thanks for the help! I have connected my ezgo to the alltrax software before, but never a club car. It apparently needs a serial cable? I do not have one. I assume there is no other way to connect it to the cpu? Is there any other way to check to see what is going on?

Thanks!
Old 07-28-2022, 08:37 AM   #6
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Not sure how to connect but you can get serial to USB converter cables. I would ask Alltrax what they recommend.
Old 07-28-2022, 12:04 PM   #7
georgia088
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Not sure how to connect but you can get serial to USB converter cables. I would ask Alltrax what they recommend.
Ok, I will check in to a connector. In the mean time, I replaced the solenoid on the cart. It now will move! It works fine, EXCEPT, you can hear the solenoid engage when the key is turned on, not only when the pedal is pressed. So, the solenoid is staying engaged all of the time. I am not sure on this model what is supposed to activate the solenoid, a micro switch or the controller itself?

Any idea? I am going to see if I can figure it out from the schematic if I can find the correct one.

Thanks!
Old 07-28-2022, 01:12 PM   #8
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia088 View Post
Ok, I will check in to a connector. In the mean time, I replaced the solenoid on the cart. It now will move! It works fine, EXCEPT, you can hear the solenoid engage when the key is turned on, not only when the pedal is pressed. So, the solenoid is staying engaged all of the time. I am not sure on this model what is supposed to activate the solenoid, a micro switch or the controller itself?

Any idea? I am going to see if I can figure it out from the schematic if I can find the correct one.

Thanks!
The stock setup had a micro switch, but you already said you swapped out your throttle.

Last edited by meimk; 07-28-2022 at 01:14 PM.. Reason: Correction
Old 07-28-2022, 02:29 PM   #9
georgia088
Gone Wild

I think I gave bad information. I think it is either a club car regen 1 or 2. I am not sure. I have a run/tow switch, so I would assume it is a regen 2, but according to the diagram I found (not sure if its the correct one for my cart) it shows two solenoids. I only have one. Any idea?

Here is the serial number:
AC0135-058037

Thanks!
Old 07-29-2022, 07:03 AM   #10
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Regen systems used a second solenoid (with resistor coil) to protect from over voltage from the regenerative brakes.
http://www.studmonkeyracing.com/forums/48vregen.jpg
IQ systems did not.
https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=924
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car