lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-28-2022, 08:34 AM   #1
Lavamanz
Not Yet Wild

Default Charging time for 2018 precedent,Trojan batteries

So I’ve owned this cart for a week and I notice after the charge light is solid green the batteries are bubbling so today I measure and the voltage across the 6 8v batteries is 61.5v. I was thinking with the ERIC showing solid the batteries are fully charged. Will it finally shut off? It has been 12 1/2 hours since I plugged it in.
Lavamanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-28-2022, 01:14 PM   #2
NismoGriff
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Charging time for 2018 precedent,Trojan batteries

I don't know much about the ERIC charger but I'm assuming it doesn't do this everytime? Sounds like it is balancing the batteries.
NismoGriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 02:13 PM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

First things first, Check the water level in the batteries. Trojan recommends 1/4 to 1/2" above the tops of the plates. DO not overfill or they will overflow during charging.

Second You have to make sure the charger has been updated with the correct algorithm for Trojan batteries.
Visit the Delt-Q website and get the IDAT software for your PC. Insert a Blank USB thumb drive into the USB port on the charger to download the charge history from the charger and view it using the IDAT software.
The charger needs to be set to Alg #3 for Trojan batteries. If it is still set to #256 or any other algorithm, then you need to change it or you will constantly have high water usage due to incorrect charging of the batteries.

Visit the Delta-Q support website for instructions on how to download the correct algorithm. https://support.delta-q.com/hc/en-us

When you download the algorithm wipe the USB drive and fresh format it to FAT32. Extract ONLY the algorithm onto the drive. DO not try to open the file. Then insert the USB drive into the charger and it will download and update itself with the new algorithm.
Once it is done Start a new charge cycle and let it run for a few minutes. Then clean the USB stick again and insert it into the charger to download the charge history again and verify that it changed to the new algorithm.
You want Algorithm #3 for Trojan batteries.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 06:41 PM   #4
Lavamanz
Not Yet Wild

The water was good. I checked and found the charger was set to algorithm 256. I changed it to 3 and checked the charger again after installing the s/w and confirmed it’s now on algorithm 3. We’ll see how it performs the next charge cycle. Thanks
Lavamanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car