lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-28-2022, 01:28 PM   #1
rmsanford
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Acceleration issue -MCOR or something else?

Afternoon all - I have a 2010 Club Car Precedent i2 Electric (PH) that is having intermittent acceleration issues.

The acceleration issues occur when we are driving the cart and then we brake to 1mph or less and then press the accelerator again.

Sometimes the cart does nothing and you have to let off the accelerator then press it again to make to go and other times it works normally.

We have not experienced any acceleration issues other times and no problem with top speed (18-19mph).

The car has a MCOR4 made in Mexico.

Batteries are less than 2yrs old and each one measures either 8.5 or 8.6. Nothing custom and no lift kit.

I tried the speed sensor test by "waking" the cart and then pushing it. Pushing it in forward it does not beep but is very hard to push and will not roll freely and Pushing it in reverse it beeps and motor slows the cart.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
rmsanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-28-2022, 04:43 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Acceleration issue -MCOR or something else?

Speed sensor test should work the same in either direction, but nothing related to the speed sensor would cause the issue you described.

That sounds to me like a failing MCOR, or possibly some issue with the controller.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 12:52 PM   #3
rmsanford
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Acceleration issue -MCOR or something else?

Thanks for the help. Replaced the MCOR 4 today and will see if it solves the problem.
rmsanford is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mcor, speed sensor
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car