lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-28-2022, 02:47 PM   #1
jamoore
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default This site saved me "again"

Just a quick comment to say how great this site and the people on it are. Have helped me with questions and problems several times in the past. This time I needed to remove the stuck motor on my project DS in order to get ready for a solid-state upgrade. I just did a quick search and quickly realized I need to pull the diff and do the drop test on it. Two floor jacks, 4 jack stands, air impact, battery impact and a host of other assorted wrenches, pliers, hammers and the diff was out. I aint getting any younger but boy these are heavy. Three or four drops later and the motor was out and I was on my way to putting the diff back in. Only part that pissed me off was that I previously had this out while swapping in a new frame. Oh well, it is done and thanks again to all who gladly share their knowledge and experiences here. The previous posts were most helpful.
jamoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-28-2022, 05:14 PM   #2
willygee
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: This site saved me "again"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamoore View Post
Just a quick comment to say how great this site and the people on it are. Have helped me with questions and problems several times in the past. This time I needed to remove the stuck motor on my project DS in order to get ready for a solid-state upgrade. I just did a quick search and quickly realized I need to pull the diff and do the drop test on it. Two floor jacks, 4 jack stands, air impact, battery impact and a host of other assorted wrenches, pliers, hammers and the diff was out. I aint getting any younger but boy these are heavy. Three or four drops later and the motor was out and I was on my way to putting the diff back in. Only part that pissed me off was that I previously had this out while swapping in a new frame. Oh well, it is done and thanks again to all who gladly share their knowledge and experiences here. The previous posts were most helpful.
I've found so much information and answers from this site without having to post and when i do usually some quick responses.
willygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 10:43 PM   #3
RickO
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Same here. I just finished a major overhaul of my 2007 Precedent. When I tried to take the motor out with the differential still attached... it was clearly stuck. This site quickly taught me that I could probably bloody every knuckle I had and still not get that motor loose. I bit the bullet and just pulled the rear end. Three drops later and the old motor dropped onto the cushions I had placed on the driveway.
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 02:14 PM   #4
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Before you know it, members like you will be helping other members with things that you learned here.

You'll probably be helping me to remember the stuff that I learned here and forgot!
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 02:26 PM   #5
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car

Bingo, If I help somebody after all I learned then this site has been successful ;)
mrmotoguzzi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 02:56 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Now if I can just find my car keys.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 05:22 PM   #7
expoman55
Getting Wild
Club Car

I have to Echo Jamoore's comments.. Ya'll here are so amazing. You offer advice and assistance and dos and don'ts so freely from al of your experience. I have only ONE HUGE major problem with this site.. or should I say my lovely wife does .... I spend way to much time on it and as a result find all the cool stuff I " MUST DO" to keep up with the toys on my buggie... SO Many fun ideas, SO little time is my problem LOL
Thank you all .. PS: My wife calls it the 'other woman'!
expoman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 06:50 PM   #8
Geemonty
Not Yet Wild

Couldn't agree more. These forums have been so helpful.
Geemonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car