lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2023, 10:12 PM   #1
daveinfl33777
Not Yet Wild

Default I have a sepex cart but I have no run/tow switch

So my f/r switch is on the dash not between legs...

My motor itself has A1 A2 F1 F2 terminals...

However my motor is regen and has no speed sensor attached to it....

I have no run/tow switch....

So it seems as if I have a sepex cart but I don't know for sure because I do not have the run/tow switch....what truly determines this? I would have thought I have all the components if it was sepex....the only one I'm missing is run/tow switch...my controller is a Curtis 1243-4301 and it says sepex on it...
daveinfl33777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2023, 12:21 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: I have a sepex cart but I have no run/tow switch

It’s a sepex.. I attached the short manual for it on your other post. Looking at the diagram it appears that when you turn the key off it cuts all power to the controller.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 08:36 PM   #3
daveinfl33777
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
It’s a sepex.. I attached the short manual for it on your other post. Looking at the diagram it appears that when you turn the key off it cuts all power to the controller.
Cool thanx....I think previous owner must have cheated out and just threw this controller on....I don't think this was designed for a golf cart....seems like it's application is more for the industrial equipment like forklifts/pallet jacks....in those "work load" settings torque is much more important than higher rpms...

I think I'm going to try to reach out to Curtis if they have a phone number to see if they can help me....I will buy the programmer if I can program it to achieve more rpms from motor and less torque/engine braking...don't wanna throw away $250 on it though if it's not going to make it any faster...
Old 05-14-2023, 09:16 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

You can rent a handheld or go ask a local dealer to see if they will hook up to it to tell you what they see.
Old 05-15-2023, 06:21 AM   #5
daveinfl33777
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
You can rent a handheld or go ask a local dealer to see if they will hook up to it to tell you what they see.
I guess I will call around some golf cart shops...is that where I would rent it?
Old 05-15-2023, 07:28 AM   #6
sleeplesstwo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If your name is a reflection of your location, I would think about starting another tread asking if a member in the Seminole area of Florida would plug into it for you. Your area is golf cart Mecca and I can't help but think the Curtis handhelds are everywhere around there.
Sad to say, but if you go to a dealer, make sure you feel confident in the tech's abilities. Labor is extremely expensive and some charge a minimum on labor. You can very quickly get charges racked up, next thing you know, you could have bought yourself an Alltrax controller. No handheld required..
sleeplesstwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 07:38 AM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Don’t think Alltrax makes a direct replacement for this one.
Old 05-15-2023, 10:55 AM   #8
sleeplesstwo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

After reading OP's other threads, you would be very correct. I will back away from this one LOL.
sleeplesstwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 11:22 AM   #9
daveinfl33777
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeplesstwo View Post
After reading OP's other threads, you would be very correct. I will back away from this one LOL.
Thanks for the tips..I actually called a local dealer today and spoke with the mechanic...I told him what my goals are (go from 11mph to even 14 or 15 I would be happy) and I didn't want to spend $300 on a programming tool just to find out that it is already at max speed. He told me it most likely is not at max speed and if it was there would be no charge...

If let's say I wanted to (and I dont because I don't wanna spend that kind of money) put an alltrax in....how hard would it be? I would have to get rid of my throttle control hardware and probably run new wires and then upgrade solenoid too? I could be wrong there could be more but that doesn't really seem like a big deal to me
Old 05-15-2023, 11:36 AM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If you wanted to drop in an Alltrax you would have to buy the appropriate connectors and wire a new harness. Not too difficult. Turn off the speed sensor input set a motor map and try to go. For now haul it to the dealer and see what you have.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts