lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-02-2011, 06:54 PM   #1
MARINE6072
Not Yet Wild

Default 2000 WORKORSE 1200 NO FIRE no start

I have had my ezgo workhorse 1200 for a couple years bought it at local surplus auction
when first purchased it had to plug in a couple wires and secure main ground to get to start (the thing has a lot of splices different colors ect) must have been a part of a county workforce or some other situation where "get it running" with what we have out weighed "do it right" get what you need.

Anyways end of last hunting season ran out of gas and got a "hand" from local with enough gas to make it back to camp bad news gas was bad so i flushed carb cleaned it and back on road i went although spitting and sputtering a couple weeks went by and cart started to act as if low on battery power attempted several times to charge battery with it getting worse and worse till last week no start at all

This brings it up to date I have replaced battery and when press gas no start
I can cross out A+B on solenoid and it turns over with no fire at sparkplugs
I am currently in process of replacing one wire at the time(ALL OF THE WIRES: MISCOLORED SPLICES ECT)

My main question being can someone tell me with the no fire problem do i need to look at replacing parts while i undergo rewire
I just picked up new microswitch today same result to turn over with pedal yet can still crossover solenoid and get turnover with no fire at plugs

Any advise and guidance is much appreciated

Hope post not to confusing just wanted to give the story from start of mishaps to current problem THANKS !!!!!!!!!
MARINE6072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2011, 02:56 AM   #2
victorjohn
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2000 WORKORSE 1200 NO FIRE no start

Are your spark plugs relatively new? Trace the wires coming from the ignition coil. One should be connected to the solenoid and the other directy to the igniter. If one of them is loose, you get no spark. Check also connections to the pulsar coil.
victorjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:41 AM   #3
Brother Texan
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

If gas pedal is used to start cart, there is a (+) wire from the battery, or battery side of solenoid, that goes to pedal switch, through switch when closed and to signal side of Solenoid. All that being said, if you just cross the main posts of the solenoid to turn over the starter, you must also step on pedal or jumper wire to the signal post on the solenoid. Because the ignitor power signal is connected to the signal post on the solenoid. So when the pedal switch is closed the ignitor is powered and the starter turns. Once power is verified to the ignitor and the coil, check for the ground pulse by hooking test light to (+) on battery and ground side of coil. While engine is turning the light should blink on and off. If all good check spark with spark tester. If good spark, replace spark plugs.
Brother Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:48 AM   #4
mr2nr
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I had about the same situation last week. My problem was the smaller "I bolt" connections on the solenoid was bad from the key switch replace them first now and see what happens.
mr2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:35 PM   #5
MARINE6072
Not Yet Wild

thank you for suggestions I crossed solenoid with pedal depressed after replacing the microswitch had engine turn over but there is still no spark coming out of coil to the plugs i replaced plugs and microswitch yesterday still no fire am currently replacing one wire at a time like i said before the thing was a frankenstein in the wiring just hope with schematic i can get everything back correctly and then see what happens
i also used wire wheel today to clean up battery box floor to ensure good ground connections there
thanks again for everyones help
Old 05-18-2011, 04:28 PM   #6
MARINE6072
Not Yet Wild

Thanks everyone im back on the road after replacing almost all the wiring i discovered right in front of left front tire that there was about 3 feet of wire that had probably been ripped out in the woods last yr (this is when i couldnt crank it after i parked that day).Anyways back on road now and trying to diagnose backfire which i started a new thread for

THANK YALL
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO