lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2011, 02:07 PM   #21
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2007 lifted ezgo GOOD DEAL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostHusker View Post
The cart the seller is selling has a controller in it, it is a 36v system. The pics the seller is showing a series cart not a PDS model.

A series cart has a forward reverse handle by your knee when you are driving.

A PDS model has a Fnr rocker switch on the dash, with a toggle switch on top of the controller box which is located under the passenger side seat.

Changing a chip is for the PDS type carts, they come equipped with different chips depending on how they were ordered.
Cool. So i guess the concern is how will a 36volt Series handle the lifted body with large wheel/tires and the addition of 2 more pax with rear seat. He has upgraded the cart with 4 gauge wires and other wiring changes. My usage will be on streets in my neighborhood that are mostly flat with very slight inclines. He also states the carts go 19-20 mph??
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2011, 02:53 PM   #22
4sure
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I honestly don't see that the 36v system should be much different than a 48v. If the guy seems on the up and up go for it.
4sure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:21 PM   #23
rxp-rider
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

[QUOTE=noserider;584814] So i guess the concern is how will a 36volt Series handle the lifted body with large wheel/tires and the addition of 2 more pax with rear seat.

The series cart would be better then the pds cart.The series motors can handle the heat better.If the batteries check out Ok,then go for it. It is really up to you, YOU are the one that will be using it. As long as you're happy with it, just plan on spending alittle more on your personal touches..
rxp-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:53 PM   #24
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

not a bad looking cart as for price it seems in line with the prices around here but like the others my biggest concern would be the batteries......don,t let him **** you on them because they are the big ticket item.....ask if he knows what controller is in it also.................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:00 PM   #25
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
not a bad looking cart as for price it seems in line with the prices around here but like the others my biggest concern would be the batteries......don,t let him **** you on them because they are the big ticket item.....ask if he knows what controller is in it also.................................
Motors and controllers are stock in all his units. Do they put in differrent stock controllers??
Old 06-27-2011, 07:15 PM   #26
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by noserider View Post
AHAAA..So factory equipped models like the one i'm looking at have controllers for both 36 and 48 volt systems. Is the controller or lack of 1 what the seller could be refering to as "computer controlled" or is there some other type of computer in these units. I think I have seen some post where people talk about changing a chip for more speed/torque. Does that chip go into controllers. Sorry for the newb questions but I do not yet understand the anatomy of these carts yet and what makes them different.
The TXT model of E-Z-Go you are looking at only come in 36 volts.
You can gain torque and speed by upgrading to 48 volts but you will need to buy a new controller new soleniod, and resistor /diode also some new 2gauge cables. This guy almost sounds like he is trying to tell you why in his opinion the E-Z-Go is better than the Club Car's. The Club Cars come with 48 volts. or most do now I dont know them very well.
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:51 AM   #27
rxp-rider
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Did you find a cart Noserider?
Old 07-05-2011, 08:27 PM   #28
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxp-rider View Post
Did you find a cart Noserider?

I did...I bought a 2004 Club Car DS IQ
Old 07-05-2011, 09:04 PM   #29
rxp-rider
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by noserider View Post
I did...I bought a 2004 Club Car DS IQ
COOL...,ANY PIX?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO