lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2011, 08:46 AM   #1
Big Chief
Not Yet Wild

Default What's the Big Deal with Hi Perf Motors?

Hey Guys,

Looking for clarity on this one...

What makes these Hi Performance Motors so special? I understand they go faster, but how?

Is it the armature?
Is it the magnets on the case?
Is it the brushes?

I took my motor apart the other day (it died) and found it was a pretty simple device... so why are they so expensive?
Big Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2011, 08:51 AM   #2
Big Chief
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: What's the Big Deal with Hi Perf Motors?

NOTE: I have a Series Motor myself... But the question could still apply to all others just for kicks. :)
Old 06-30-2011, 09:12 AM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

has to be a reason a stock motor pushes a cart 12 mph tops and a hi-spd up to 25 mph....i know some of it is in the windings but thats all i know about them............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:51 AM   #4
Whiskey11
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Big Chief, I agree with you, they are a relatively simple device. However, I feel the price has most to do with that all so sweet "Need for Speed". People want it so the price goes high....IMO...
Whiskey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:52 PM   #5
jonequest
Gone Wild

I have wondered the same thing. If they shorten the outer windings to change the ratio of the two like a transformer then how come we cannot do the same??

Gotta be an easier way. It MUST be simple because some speed up a motor for only $225 for that cost there can't be a lot of parts involved. BUT we are mainly paying for the experience to do it right.
jonequest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:49 AM   #6
Big Chief
Not Yet Wild

Don't we have anyone on this forum that has built these motors? Maybe they can chime in with some more information? Ofcourse, that might take away from the "trade secrets".

Has anyone ever rebuilt their own motor with parts? If so, where did you get the parts?

Figured this post would have got more interest... I guess its just easier to just buy the new motors without any questions.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:04 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

rxp-rider had some interest in this and so did sonicj they both have threads on this if you search you can find their attempts at building their own speed motors, good luck.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:32 AM   #8
rxp-rider
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I never tried to built my own....yet...., I'll leave that to the pros right now.
rxp-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:45 AM   #9
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

all i can say is if it were that easy there would be more people here doing it themselves......i think cost varies if your buying a new motor or rebuilt motor vs sending yours in and having it done.......i,m sure there are a few tools and machines that are needed and of course someone who knows what they are doing.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:52 AM   #10
jonequest
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
all i can say is if it were that easy there would be more people here doing it themselves......i think cost varies if your buying a new motor or rebuilt motor vs sending yours in and having it done.......i,m sure there are a few tools and machines that are needed and of course someone who knows what they are doing.............................
That is exactly what I was thinking. When the time comes I won't want to mess around so I will be shipping mine off to PQ or D&D.
jonequest is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO