lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2011, 05:34 PM   #1
burnout
Not Yet Wild

Question 95 EZGO series cart...Need upgrade kit with everything...or do I go back stock?

Bought a 95 EZGO series cart with a bad motor. Guy had stripped out all the electrical parts to install a 4-wheeler engine and left it all outside in the weather......should I put it back stock or upgrade everything with a high performance motor and contoller? Should I go 36 volt or 48 volt? What kinda cost benefit stuff am I looking at? Does somebody sell a complete "upgrade kit" for a reasonable price?
burnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-05-2011, 05:52 PM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 95 EZGO series cart...Need upgrade kit with everything...or do I go back stock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnout View Post
Bought a 95 EZGO series cart with a bad motor. Guy had stripped out all the electrical parts to install a 4-wheeler engine and left it all outside in the weather......should I put it back stock or upgrade everything with a high performance motor and contoller? Should I go 36 volt or 48 volt? What kinda cost benefit stuff am I looking at? Does somebody sell a complete "upgrade kit" for a reasonable price?
What do you intend to do with this cart? If you're gonna flip it, I would go stock. If this is your first build, DEFINATELY STOCK. If you're gonna keep it, what do you want it to be?
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:20 PM   #3
burnout
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 95 EZGO series cart...Need upgrade kit with everything...or do I go back stock?

Im planning on keeping it and using it at my campground in the mountains. Ive built a few other carts before but they were all gas powered so this is new territory for me. I have to operate things that I can work on so I would rather build from the ground up for my own personal knowledge for future troubleshooting....
Old 07-05-2011, 07:03 PM   #4
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

I have never seen a package offered with what you need, but many of our site sponsors are capable of filling your shopping list, and I'm sure they will give you a "package" price. Contact them directly via email or via PM right here on the forum. Scottyb from Carts Unlimited always does me well.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:40 PM   #5
burnout
Not Yet Wild

Cool Re: 95 EZGO series cart...Need upgrade kit with everything...or do I go back stock?

Thanks......I noticed he talked about part of my chore on his website when I visited it earlier after my post. Good 411
Old 07-05-2011, 07:52 PM   #6
atrupiano
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

If you are going to be relpacing everything anyway go with 48v and let scottyb hook up up with all the right aftermarket suff. He has lots of package deals and good prices. I am very happy with my purchases from him. Just a sugestion if you are using at a mountain camp ground go for tourque not speed.
atrupiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:35 PM   #7
burnout
Not Yet Wild

Thumbs up Re: 95 EZGO series cart...Need upgrade kit with everything...or do I go back stock?

Thanks man. Thats pretty much what I was thinking but I wanted to hear some more experienced opinions. Ive been building custom Harleys for 12 years now and I have learned a lot from the old school guys who have forgotten more than I know......so I know when to ask for opinions! I will hook up with Scotty tomorrow!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO