lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2011, 08:50 PM   #1
CaptBen
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Cart stuck in water, now makes noise.

I managed to get my 2011 gas EZGO stuck in about 18" of water last week. After getting pulled out, it ran fine for two days. It stayed parked for about a week after I cleaned it up. Now when I start it, it makes a whinning noise and is very slow to start moving. The noise starts immediately and continues until it's turned off. I only drove it a short distance for fear of making it worse. Any suggestions?
CaptBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2011, 09:08 PM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: Cart stuck in water, now makes noise.

Welcome to BGW

you need to tell us more,
like how far was the motor in the water? did you check the oil for water?? you need to try and pin point where the noise is coming from?? the rear ? the motor? the starter
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:01 PM   #3
bigmike58
Not Yet Wild

Harley Davidson

I have a ton of cvt drive vehicles and it sounds like maybe he has a wet/dirty drive belt or clutch sheaves.. "slow to start" could just be slipping and belts can make a horrible noise. wipe the sheaves with alcohol (not jack daniels) and wash the belt good with soap and water..
bigmike58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:36 PM   #4
CaptBen
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The engine wasn't under water but it did get water splashed on it. The water line was about even with the floorboard with the rear floorboard just under water. The oil was just changed and is still clear with no sign of water. I'll start it up again and try to pinpoint the sound. Cleaning the belt better sounds like a good place to start.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:57 AM   #5
rokcrlr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

sounds like rust or dirt from water somewhere in the clutchs.Like big mike says and spray lube the sliding surfaces of the clutches.NOT WD40
rokcrlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:12 AM   #6
Offtwice
Member 23082

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmike58 View Post
I have a ton of cvt drive vehicles and it sounds like maybe he has a wet/dirty drive belt or clutch sheaves.. "slow to start" could just be slipping and belts can make a horrible noise. wipe the sheaves with alcohol (not jack daniels) and wash the belt good with soap and water..
not jack daniels....

OT
Offtwice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:16 AM   #7
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Soap and water with a wire brush to clean the sides of both the drive
and starter belts.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 10:59 AM   #8
CaptBen
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Cleaning the belts and clutches did help a lot but not totally. Is it possible for water or debris to get inside the clutch and if so, would that cause it to make a whinning noise? That seems to be the area the noise is coming from. Thanks for all the suggestions. You guys always come through when someone does something... well... not very intelligent. I think I'll lay off the Jack for a while. It's funny how that stuff can turn your vehicle into a 4wd.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:07 AM   #9
bigmike58
Not Yet Wild

Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBen View Post
Cleaning the belts and clutches did help a lot but not totally. Is it possible for water or debris to get inside the clutch and if so, would that cause it to make a whinning noise? That seems to be the area the noise is coming from. Thanks for all the suggestions. You guys always come through when someone does something... well... not very intelligent. I think I'll lay off the Jack for a while. It's funny how that stuff can turn your vehicle into a 4wd.
yes it can and does....clean it out the best you can and just run it. It may just have some sand or debris and will work it's way out. I run the sand, mud, streams and stuff gets in, but almost always comes out or dries out..
bigmike58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO